• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MOSI makes it official... OCS Time???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

39 minutes ago, T-Manisback said:

Grab the shovels, let's go!   Hell start the fund right now!

DSC01143.png~original

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This was a big deal.  The wheels grind slowly...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, T-Manisback said:

On gameday you close Fowler, reroute traffic to Fletcher and Busch. Boom!

Nah, just move that section of Fowler south around the MOSI property and shift the campus to include the MOSI property.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

No need to close any roads temporarily.  Everyone at the game will be coming from campus, didn't you hear? They'll all be walking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

12 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

No need to close any roads temporarily.  Everyone at the game will be coming from campus, didn't you hear? They'll all be walking.

A lot of people would, especially if they were to limit the parking at the stadium.  BTW, this announcement is still a long way from a stadium being put there.  IIRC, there's at least one councilman against USF using that land.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

A lot of people would, especially if they were to limit the parking at the stadium.  BTW, this announcement is still a long way from a stadium being put there.  IIRC, there's at least one councilman against USF using that land.

It was just a joke about how many students would actually attend a game with an OCS.  You know, like having a basketball arena on campus and the students flocking to see basketball games.  And, on a serious note, MOSI says it will be at least 3 years and then you'd have to clear the land and build the stadium should USF ever end up owning that land.  So, if this should happen, it is 5 - 6 years minimum away.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

8 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

It was just a joke about how many students would actually attend a game with an OCS.  You know, like having a basketball arena on campus and the students flocking to see basketball games.  And, on a serious note, MOSI says it will be at least 3 years and then you'd have to clear the land and build the stadium should USF ever end up owning that land.  So, if this should happen, it is 5 - 6 years minimum away.

just in time for our first game in the Big12 :D 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

21 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Yup, so announce the OCS now and fundraise like crazy for a few years.  Don't break ground until the financials are resolved. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I know this has been hashed over repeatedly but last week I was standing on the grassy knoll in the soccer stadium (opposite the bleachers) and it seemed to me there was a lot of room between the soccer stadium and Fletcher.  

I realize there are practice fields there but they can be relocated a lot easier than an actually stadium.  

Why is MOSI preferable to that location?  I am asking this as someone who has no clue how these things work.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, mark_my_words said:

Why is MOSI preferable to that location?  I am asking this as someone who has no clue how these things work.

Well, my opinion only, is that it is a large plot of land that could be developed without disrupting anything else on campus.

• Upvote 1