• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MOSI makes it official... OCS Time???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

The MOSI property is only one of about 7 or 8 parcels there owned by the county.  MOSI takes up about 13.5 acres, with the total county property there being well over 80 acres.  There is actually enough space to have a stadium and an, "Innovation District" if the wanted it.

Here's the thing though, most of the county property has been vacant this whole time and neither USF nor the county has made any (public) overtures about having a stadium there.

And the moment USF starts those overtures, I'm thinking the blinders-on county will throw out all the ideas they'd rather use the property for.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

12 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

And the moment USF starts those overtures, I'm thinking the blinders-on county will throw out all the ideas they'd rather use the property for.

I'm certain of that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

Did they use the Orange Bowl as the model?

Pffftt ... eff that noise.  Everyone knows Papa John's Cardinal Stadium is the standard. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Pffftt ... eff that noise.  Everyone knows Papa John's Cardinal Stadium is the standard. 

Triggered 

image.jpg

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

There will still be flag football so I say build the **** OCS already!! 

It's not just the brain injury issue. Experts are saying that in 20 years half the athletic departments will be bankrupt due to the decline of the cable/satellite industry which fuels the massive tv contracts. 2012 was the peak for subscribers. Also noted is that universities are moving online and we'll see a massive move away from physical schools with only the majors that need in person instruction being still taught at schools.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Someone should tell USF. Those idiots just keep building more stuff for students on campus.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Someone should tell USF. Those idiots just keep building more stuff for students on campus.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21605899-staid-higher-education-business-about-experience-welcome-earthquake-digital

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

The MOSI property is only one of about 7 or 8 parcels there owned by the county.  MOSI takes up about 13.5 acres, with the total county property there being well over 80 acres.  There is actually enough space to have a stadium and an, "Innovation District" if the wanted it.

Here's the thing though, most of the county property has been vacant this whole time and neither USF nor the county has made any (public) overtures about having a stadium there.

Yeah that's the thought here. Do the USF higher ups want to push for this property being a spot for an OCS, or having an OCS at all? Of course the fans and supporters want it, but is the money//resources really there to make it happen? I'll hang up and listen.*

*Im just like Jon Snow, I know nothing when it comes to OCS talk. Just curious if the talk is just fans and supporters, or if there is something tangible behind the veil. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

27 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Yeah. I'm not too worried about losing my job anytime soon. Decent job of word smithing and number cherry-picking by the Economist though. It almost seems like this maybe kinda sorta could happen in 50 years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Yeah. I'm not too worried about losing my job anytime soon. Decent job of word smithing and number cherry-picking by the Economist though. It almost seems like this maybe kinda sorta could happen in 50 years.

We will be dead!!!!

• Upvote 1