• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should start BLASTIN Harlans Twitter to Pay Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

"Really"? You have the same basic scenario with CWT as we did with Holtz. Skip went from a winning season with Leavitt's players to a losing season with half and half. We jumped the gun by giving Skip an undeserved 5 year extension that we are still paying for. 

With CWT we've had 2 losing seasons and a bad start to this one. Thankfully it ended well. Though based on stories I've heard, I'm not sure how much of it CWT was responsible for?  So my thought is to tell CWT an extension will be waiting for him if he has another season like this one next year. Would hate to give him an extension now and we bomb next year. 

Also since Taggart interviewed for the South Carolina job, why offer him an extension since the indication is he doesn't seem real interested in staying here. And what is that going to do for our recruiting? Will players want to come here knowing that he may leave at any time?  Think about it. 

Z Bull is right on the MONEY here.  We seriously have NO IDEA how this team will play next year...we are all cautiously optimistic it will be like the last 8 games of this season.   However this Jekyll and Hyde season was good and we are in the high part now.  I say if he pulls off a couple nice wins against REAL opponents next season, give him the extension mid-season.  Taggart's not going anywhere THIS offseason.  Harlan knows whats up.  

GO BULLS!!!  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Tags isn't going anwhere this year his payday is awaiting him next season if he does well. 

Though I will say an extension now would make much more sense now with CWT then with Holtz on a decline...Holtz must have had compromising photos of Doug to get that stupid extension. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

"Really"? You have the same basic scenario with CWT as we did with Holtz. Skip went from a winning season with Leavitt's players to a losing season with half and half. We jumped the gun by giving Skip an undeserved 5 year extension that we are still paying for. 

With CWT we've had 2 losing seasons and a bad start to this one. Thankfully it ended well. Though based on stories I've heard, I'm not sure how much of it CWT was responsible for?  So my thought is to tell CWT an extension will be waiting for him if he has another season like this one next year. Would hate to give him an extension now and we bomb next year. 

Also since Taggart interviewed for the South Carolina job, why offer him an extension since the indication is he doesn't seem real interested in staying here. And what is that going to do for our recruiting? Will players want to come here knowing that he may leave at any time?  Think about it. 

It's not the same situation as it was with Holtz,  it's exactly the opposite. Holtz had a good season with Leavitt's players, not his own. CWT built this team and the majority of them will be in place for the next two years. So the odds of them magically crapping the bed next season are slim. 

Some of us are about to miss out on something good because we got burned in the past. Just because this situation reminds you of your ex, doesn't mean she'll hurt you the same. 

This season started "bad"   because we weren't executing just yet. Watching those games hurt because we could see that, not because we played horribly. Bullspeners hear what they want to hear, so what you heard or suspect is irrelevant. What matters is what you've seen, and that's a winning team. 

The indication is he wants to get paid what he's worth. What did we pay sorry Holtz? What is the UCif coach who 's never been a head coach making?  And you believe you can sit this coach down and say "give me a little more at a discount THEN I'll pay you what you're worth?"  That's ridiculous, we didn't go 6-6, we didn't squeak out wins, we didn't get lucky... We clicked and dominated with a good opportunity to end with a 9-4 record... C'mon man!!! Get the feelings out the way and pay the man. He just wants to feel financially appreciated. 

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My God people!  You mean to tell me that if you were CEO of a mid-sized company and a Fortune 500 company called and asked you to interview for their CEO position, you'd say, "No, I'm good."  I, and I'm sure many others one here, get approached all the time about changing jobs and my approach has always been, "It doesn't hurt to listen."  The only difference is that the media doesn't report it when we do it.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

It's a leverage move and he deserves his payday.   Obviously most of this board and a decent SEC school see the job he had done here. 

It is the exact opposite of the Holtz situation.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I kinda have to agree with Z on this one. What happen after we pressure Harlan to sign an extension... and then CWT flops next years with a terrible season?

That's life...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

My God people!  You mean to tell me that if you were CEO of a mid-sized company and a Fortune 500 company called and asked you to interview for their CEO position, you'd say, "No, I'm good."  I, and I'm sure many others one here, get approached all the time about changing jobs and my approach has always been, "It doesn't hurt to listen."  The only difference is that the media doesn't report it when we do it.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Houston, Temple, Memphis set the salary market for winning AAC coaches. Pay Taggart his market value and move on. I hope we protect ourselves with a huge buyout clause in his contract.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think the idea in the OP is really necessary.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

He still has 2 years left so I don't see how it could hurt to wait until next year and see how he does before we extend him. If he does really well we can easily extend him and if he doesn't we can let him go