• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should start BLASTIN Harlans Twitter to Pay Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I just don't get how your thinking process works.  How can you possibly think if he stays at USF his "payday" is waiting for him next year?  The USCe coaching job is a $4million per year job.  USF will not be able to pay CWT 4x what we pay him now. 

This logic seems to be pervasive today... as someone else already pointed out SC will not be looking to pay Tags the same thing they were paying Steve Spurrier. In other news GE didn't compensate there new CEO the same when Jack Welch departed. The point is valid though that SC offer might be something USF cannot financially afford to offer (at least given the financial state our last bum AD left us)... we have paid 3 coaches for a while now so money should start to free up. But realistically SC would be looking to pay an up-and-coming hire probably in the low $2MM range.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

SC WILL NOT pay Willie Taggart $4M to coach.   I guess he didn't like being held accountable for W-L record but that won't change at his next job either.  Kind of funny that his first signs of success he starts interviewing for positions elsewhere.  Please leave Willie, if you want to go.   

so even if they pay him $3million (lowest paid SEC coach salary is $3.6million), it's still 3x what he makes at USF.  If the AD called you or your agent asking if you would interview for this huge coaching position you would be STUPID not to go and at least LISTEN to what they have to say.  Get off the mans nuts.

Edited by Sellular1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

SC WILL NOT pay Willie Taggart $4M to coach.   I guess he didn't like being held accountable for W-L record but that won't change at his next job either.  Kind of funny that his first signs of success he starts interviewing for positions elsewhere.  Please leave Willie, if you want to go.   

How do you know he had problems with being held accountable for his W-L record?  Amazing how all so much ******** or assumptions are made up on this board. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

How do you know he had problems with being held accountable for his W-L record?  Amazing how all so much ******** or assumptions are made up on this board. 

Yeah - I think more concretely we should say he had trouble meeting any accountable standard for W-L record in his first two years. I don't think many schools would accept the kind of loss he displayed in his first game at USF nor his "improvement" in his first two years.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

How do you know he had problems with being held accountable for his W-L record?  Amazing how all so much ******** or assumptions are made up on this board

You need to just consider the source on this one ...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

You need to just consider the source on this one ...

Always taking things to a personal level...........it's the Triple B way.  Great moderation there moderator.

Edited by hbryan

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Always taking things to a personal level...........it's the Triple B way.  Great moderation there moderator.

Oh please, that's not personal. I don't even know you. All I'm responding to is an online presence who has been, for the most part, one of the biggest ***** on this board for years and understand that CWT's recent success is probably gnawing at your insides like a 50lb tapeworm and that post was a perfect example. Maybe you'll get lucky and he crashes and burns in the bowl and/or next season.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

Harlan just tweeted:

Excited for another great 5 years with my guy @CoachTaggart. Now, we need all Bulls Nation to join in...#BullsUnite pic.twitter.com/BRm8MJjQES

Edited by HOTbull

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Sweeeeet!!!!'mm

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Oh please, that's not personal. I don't even know you. All I'm responding to is an online presence who has been, for the most part, one of the biggest ***** on this board for years and understand that CWT's recent success is probably gnawing at your insides like a 50lb tapeworm and that post was a perfect example. Maybe you'll get lucky and he crashes and burns in the bowl and/or next season.

And again, taking it to a personal level.  Keep up your great moderating.........you're doing such an outstanding job drawing USF athletic fans to TBP :roflmao:

Edited by hbryan