• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should start BLASTIN Harlans Twitter to Pay Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

...and if things go south next year, or we don't match the win total from this year, we will be saying what an awful decision it was to provide CWT an extension.  Tough decision for sure but CWT performance over the last three years would not grant a pay increase or extension in any other profession.  That being said, I think Harlan could play the win next year,  like this year and money is coming card.  Heck,write a new contract doubling his salary if he gets to the CC next year.         

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

...and if things go south next year, or we don't match the win total from this year, we will be saying what an awful decision it was to provide CWT an extension.  Tough decision for sure but CWT performance over the last three years would not grant a pay increase or extension in any other profession.  That being said, I think Harlan could play the win next year,  like this year and money is coming card.  Heck,write a new contract doubling his salary if he gets to the CC next year.         

Agree. Build a bonus based contract. Offer him a deal that he can't refuse, with a clause that protects USF.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

14-22 in 3 years at USF.  I realize he's had a great season, but nobody is hiring Willie Taggart.  This is all posturing.  If any school is that dumb, we can find 10 guys that can do the job.  In fact I'd let Tom Allen coach the team.  We might take a hit in recruiting but the next couple season will still be good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Days Won:  1

16-20 in 3 years at WKU, and USF hired him. I don't think his record paints an accurate picture of how good of a coach he is. He stepped into two tough situations, and he pulled the nose up on both of them. I find it impressive that he changed his entire offensive philosophy to play to his teams strengths. Based on his age and what he has shown so far, I think he has a much higher ceiling than the retreads that interviewed for the Gamecock job. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

harlan shouldnt rush to even give this guy an extension

he isnt staying anyway if he has the chance to bolt

usf is a great job

we will have many qualified candidates that want this job

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

14-22 in 3 years at USF.  I realize he's had a great season, but nobody is hiring Willie Taggart.  This is all posturing.  If any school is that dumb, we can find 10 guys that can do the job.  In fact I'd let Tom Allen coach the team.  We might take a hit in recruiting but the next couple season will still be good.

cwt posturing is low rent

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

A donation will say more that twitter.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Tags isn't going anwhere this year his payday is awaiting him next season if he does well. 

Though I will say an extension now would make much more sense now with CWT then with Holtz on a decline...Holtz must have had compromising photos of Doug to get that stupid extension. 

I just don't get how your thinking process works.  How can you possibly think if he stays at USF his "payday" is waiting for him next year?  The USCe coaching job is a $4million per year job.  USF will not be able to pay CWT 4x what we pay him now. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I just don't get how your thinking process works.  How can you possibly think if he stays at USF his "payday" is waiting for him next year?  The USCe coaching job is a $4million per year job.  USF will not be able to pay CWT 4x what we pay him now. 

SC WILL NOT pay Willie Taggart $4M to coach.   I guess he didn't like being held accountable for W-L record but that won't change at his next job either.  Kind of funny that his first signs of success he starts interviewing for positions elsewhere.  Please leave Willie, if you want to go.   

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

At this point I have a lot more confidence in Harlan than Taggart... I'll let him decide what and if he should be paying Willie.