• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should start BLASTIN Harlans Twitter to Pay Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Given that he is probably considering the possibilities this very moment, it wouldnt hurt to put some fan pressure on him. We need to get Taggart paid, end of story. If we can get him to commit to the program like Tom Herman has to Houston, I think we would finally turn the corner as a program. 

Point is you dont wanna be cheap and lose out on a great coach because you end up paying for it in the long run (see Skip Holtz)

Edited by BULLZ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Given that he is probably considering the possibilities this very moment, it wouldnt hurt to put some fan pressure on him. We need to get Taggart paid, end of story. If we can get him to commit to the program like Tom Herman has to Houston, I think we would finally turn the corner as a program. 

Point is you dont wanna be cheap and lose out on a great coach because you end up paying for it in the long run (see Skip Holtz)

Harlan is smart and knows what's going on. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I'm not sure I'd lose any sleep.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

"Really"? You have the same basic scenario with CWT as we did with Holtz. Skip went from a winning season with Leavitt's players to a losing season with half and half. We jumped the gun by giving Skip an undeserved 5 year extension that we are still paying for. 

With CWT we've had 2 losing seasons and a bad start to this one. Thankfully it ended well. Though based on stories I've heard, I'm not sure how much of it CWT was responsible for?  So my thought is to tell CWT an extension will be waiting for him if he has another season like this one next year. Would hate to give him an extension now and we bomb next year. 

Also since Taggart interviewed for the South Carolina job, why offer him an extension since the indication is he doesn't seem real interested in staying here. And what is that going to do for our recruiting? Will players want to come here knowing that he may leave at any time?  Think about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

"Really"? You have the same basic scenario with CWT as we did with Holtz. Skip went from a winning season with Leavitt's players to a losing season with half and half. We jumped the gun by giving Skip an undeserved 5 year extension that we are still paying for. 

With CWT we've had 2 losing seasons and a bad start to this one. Thankfully it ended well. Though based on stories I've heard, I'm not sure how much of it CWT was responsible for?  So my thought is to tell CWT an extension will be waiting for him if he has another season like this one next year. Would hate to give him an extension now and we bomb next year. 

Also since Taggart interviewed for the South Carolina job, why offer him an extension since the indication is he doesn't seem real interested in staying here. And what is that going to do for our recruiting? Will players want to come here knowing that he may leave at any time?  Think about it. 

BECAUSE U IDIOT HE HAS POTENTIAL YOU DON'T SEE:iamwithstupid:!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Hey cool it with calling another poster an idiot!!!  This is a board where we can express our thoughts & telling someone they are an idiot for posting their thoughts is uncalled for.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

I kinda have to agree with Z on this one. What happen after we pressure Harlan to sign an extension... and then CWT flops next years with a terrible season?

Edited by RedBull13

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151

What I do see is that CWT had a practically all new coaching staff this year including 2 new coordinators and had a winning season. The 2 previous seasons were losers, but with the same head coach. So what exactly don't I see or understand?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

It's almost the exact opposite scenario as it was with Holtz....  and lol at the "stories" you've heard about what CWT was responsible for.

And as been stated numerous times in this thread, anyone begrudging CWT for at least talking to USCe doesn't have a clue about how things work in college ball.

• Upvote 2