• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If he goes, he goes. If he's looking for a payday he's going to go anyway. 

The smart move for him would be to wait until next year. If he wins 10+ games as expected he'll have a lot more offers. 

I hope he wants to be here long term but if he doesn't you can't make him want to. I would definitely offer him a substantial raise and extension. Put in his court to accept or reject offer. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

They've already interviewed their token Black candidate so that's doubtful ...

one is good, but two may be better. A lot of their fans don't seem to be enthused by Bill Muskrat, so if none of the other candidates impressed I wouldn't be surprised if they take one more shot. Plus the ccg may make the hire seem like a no brainer to many.

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390

I don't blame him.. We would all take the better paying and more prestigious job if its available

Edited by Bullgang

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

Everyone who can't win right away says this.. Or at least implies this. "Give me lots of time to get my guys in, so I can buy myself a couple years of not being under pressure" That's why I wouldn't be so quick to reward 2/3rd's of a good season because 1 team interviewed him. OK Willie, you garnered some interest as possibly a 3rd option for SC, noted. If next season starts like this 1 finished, we'll lock you up (with a considerable buyout) before December comes around next year so that this doesn't become an annual thing.  

Completely Agree with this...

They'll pay him.  But lets also think about the salary they're giving Skipper too, right now...ugh! 

BTW...good to be back ladies and gentleman.  :)

BULLS8VA is BACK ON BOARD!!! :P 

GO BULLS!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

this. If you have an opportunity at SCAR, you wouldnt take it? Really? At least interview? 

I have no problem welcoming back if he either doesnt get the job or turns it down. Havent you guys ever interviewed somewhere you knew you would turn down if they offered? Either to see what it is like or to create networking opportunities? Better to leave on your own terms than get axed. Take the job at SCAR while you have the chance. We could go 2-10 the next two years, he gets the boot, and that door, along with many others are closed for a long time, if not forever. 

Did you tell your boss you were interviewing for another job ?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

this. If you have an opportunity at SCAR, you wouldnt take it? Really? At least interview? 

I have no problem welcoming back if he either doesnt get the job or turns it down. Havent you guys ever interviewed somewhere you knew you would turn down if they offered? Either to see what it is like or to create networking opportunities? Better to leave on your own terms than get axed. Take the job at SCAR while you have the chance. We could go 2-10 the next two years, he gets the boot, and that door, along with many others are closed for a long time, if not forever. 

Then we should have fired his *ss after season 1, season 2.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I said it I said it weeks ago, he'd leave as fast as he left WKU. He's in it for the money.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

I don't blame the guy wouldn't you atleast listen to somebody that wants to maybe give a 200% raise?  You really going to say no, not interested in your 200% raise.  Just wish it didn't make it all over freaking espn.

Personally I don't think USC is a great job it's a avg sec job in a blah state.  

Sorry I just don't see any big schools offering a job to tags...he really hasn't done squat here besides a 8 win season and two bad seasons.  Way to much gamble for a big school, now if we win 10 plus games next year different story. 

Have we seen enough from Tags to give a huge raise and extension? He for 2 years wanted to run his system it failed huge...then we switch to a spread was this own his own? Is Cwt now a spread man or does he really still want to run the old system he was raised on?  

• Upvote 1