• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Meh.. it's just an interview. Big whoop. I just see this as jockeying for a raise. And with the raises of other coaches in this league, and a completely new HC at UCF making more than CWT, I can't say I blame him one bit!

Edited by Sipher
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

man if Tags leaves, I dont know how this team wouldnt feel betrayed. He basically has been touting this whole time he needs to get HIS guys in, and when he FINALLY DOES after 3 years of recruiting, he dips. I REALLY HOPE this is just for leverage. 

Everyone who can't win right away says this.. Or at least implies this. "Give me lots of time to get my guys in, so I can buy myself a couple years of not being under pressure" That's why I wouldn't be so quick to reward 2/3rd's of a good season because 1 team interviewed him. OK Willie, you garnered some interest as possibly a 3rd option for SC, noted. If next season starts like this 1 finished, we'll lock you up (with a considerable buyout) before December comes around next year so that this doesn't become an annual thing.  

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Seeing some people think that they may make a run at Babers before making a final decision early next week.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Just because you will listen to somebody's pitch doesn't mean that you want to move on it.   I wish Taggart would stay here a while and win championships.  If that doesn't happen, then I will hope the next coach will do it.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Everyone who can't win right away says this.. Or at least implies this. That's why I wouldn't be so quick to reward 2/3rd's of a good season because 1 team interviewed him. OK Willie, you garnered some interest as possibly a 3rd option for SC, noted. If next season starts like this 1 finished, we'll lock you up (with a considerable buyout) before December comes around next year so that this doesn't become an annual thing.  

ya good points hope youre right. 

Edited by BULLZ
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

This is like when Seth leverage his small success at USF into the VTech job and left. Of course, we don't know the outcome of this event yet.

I'm guessing that Seth got the VT job based a lot on what he did at Long Beach State. He didn't completely crap the bed here to totally negate that ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Seeing some people think that they may make a run at Babers before making a final decision early next week.

They've already interviewed their token Black candidate so that's doubtful ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Well, we didn't debit him for 2.3 years.  We're still not sure he's the catalyst in winning.  I'd let him go and move up the OC or DC - and find another good recruiter.

We can't compete in the money wars for long.  Need to find somebody that wants to be here.

But if we fire him Monday we essentially pay him to leave as opposed to if he accepted another job he pays us to leave...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This is Harlan's job to sort now.