• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time for USF to get serious about on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

One can't help but ponder the fact that UCF just hired (allegedly, per the reports this a.m.) a coach that won a Natl. Championship in the Big 12, He may be able to add some influence as it relates to expansion. Consider our situation compared to UCF's. 

There is also no precedence for this assertion as well.  A 40-year old first time head coach will have absolutely no bearing on whether or not UCF makes it to the Big 12.  

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

One can't help but ponder the fact that UCF just hired (allegedly, per the reports this a.m.) a coach that won a Natl. Championship in the Big 12, He may be able to add some influence as it relates to expansion. Consider our situation compared to UCF's. 

I would say the influence that a 3 year assistant coach at a "P5" school makes any difference to conference expansion is none

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

NM

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

According to Google it's 4.4 miles.

according to this 2012 list it is 3 miles

http://www.footballgeography.com/list-of-fbs-stadiums-sorted-by-distance-to-the-campus/

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

According to Google it's 4.4 miles.

Is that city or county?????

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Is that city or county?????

Miles from the actual stadium to the actual campus

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

This has been said SOOOO many times, and one more time just isn't going to make it true.  There is absolutely no precedent that an OCS leads to a conference upgrade.  Your entire point is based on a wild assumption.   

I think the stadium will be a factor. There may not be a precedent, but it still may be a factor. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

The debt will be a burden in the short-term. However, to gain traction for an invite to a larger conference, the stadium will be a factor, subsequently, more revenue will be generated in the long-term (via' the conference upgrade). 

Pretty sure USF has a MBB coach that won a Nat'l Championship.  Should we start expanding the Sun Dome to accommodate the larger crowds?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

I would say the influence that a 3 year assistant coach at a "P5" school makes any difference to conference expansion is none

I think Leroy Selmon was integral into USF moving into the Big East before other schools. I'm not saying the UCF coach would be the difference maker or that he is at Leroy Selmon's level, but I think it may help. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

As a South Tampa resident with season tickets I would probably go to a game or 2 at an OCS but I wouldn't likely keep my season tickets. Also just to add another argument, there are more businesses in South Tampa, many of which have season tickets, that may not be as likely to keep their tickets if the games were played near USF. Also would an OCS have the ability to sell more expensive tickets such as club/box seats? I have a 1 year old and I wouldn't buy season tickets now if there wasn't an option for club access due to the option for AC. College games can also bring a drunk/rowdy crowd that I wouldn't be comfortable bringing a young child/baby to in the general section.