• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please, please, walk home Taggert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I still go with my prediction. 4-8 he's gone. 5-7 with a loss to UCF and he's gone. 6-6 and he's back next year. 5-7 with a win over UCF and it gets a little dicey.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Please do. Nobody seems to want to show any X's and O's when it comes to Tags. It's all the players fault, refs fault, mine for killing an angel because I don't believe, etc. And yet my knowledge gets challenged and I make reasonable responses as to why this 1950's game plan doesn't work long term. 

If I actually was a UCF fan, honestly I'd be suggesting USF lock Willie up long term. I can think of no better outcome if that was my angle.

You seem new here, and you're entitled to your opinion.  I just don't get where you were when he was winning the last 3 games criticizing his game plan and his play calling.  Memphis and Maryland were on Taggart, this loss was not.  Any reasonable fan can see there has been tangible improvement since the Memphis game.

You don't have to see it my way, but my resume with this team likely goes much farther than yours as I've spent 5 years during the Leavitt era inside the walls of the facility watching every practice, every game on the sideline.

You want to be a Taggart hater?  Go ahead, I won't stop you, but you also hold no credibility around here either for the fact that you signed up to strictly bash on him.

Edited by BrownBullsFan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Coaching was okay... Our inability to run the ball hurt us... 

This isn't a game where I am angry with Taggart

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Even with the loss, the play calling was improved from the other losses. It was just an ugly game for the offense and defense

The defense failed to stop Navy's offense. Navy scored about what the same they did in theor other wins, 30 points-ish. And the offense had numerous huge momentum killing drops and other moments. The running attack was pretty weak too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

Well so far since I've been here there hasn't been much else to say. Want my positives? OK

Tom Allen was a great hire (by harlan) and has the defense playing as well as they have since the Leavitt holdovers were still performing before Holtz's stink got all over everything. 

Rodney Adams is an exciting playmaker, and yes, they have been wise to try and get him the ball in as many ways as possible, since the passing game isn't really much to see. 

But again, I get called all sorts of names, don't attack anyone personally myself, but that's fine I guess. I provide reasonable answers as to why I think he's a bad coach. They may not all be right, I don't claim to be all-knowing, but I provide fairly insightful answers, and all I see is "Willie is gunna right the ship" and other cliche' drivel. 

The talent level is about the same it's always been. Maybe slightly better than the end of the Holtz era (and I bet the same people defending Tags were defending Holtz right up until the end too) so I get tired of the excuses blaming Holtz. He sucked but he's gone. These are Willie's players, this is his guys that he expected to perform in his cheap knockoff Harbaugh system

I root for my team. Long term. I root for sustained success. 7-8 years ago this was a program on the rise that it would not have been asinine to expect them to be consistent visitors inside the top 25, a team capable of knocking off nearly anyone on the right day. Now we've been subject to such bad football for so long, people want to bow at the altar of Coach Low T for having this team fall somewhere between "average" and "bottom dweller", when he himself contributed mightily to such low regard for this program. 

I don't think I need to submit a resume as to my football knowledge, when you all would sit there and give me +1's for just spouting off tard billy crap like "Go Bulls! They's gunna win just CUZ I feelz it!"

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Well so far since I've been here there hasn't been much else to say. Want my positives? OK

Tom Allen was a great hire (by harlan) and has the defense playing as well as they have since the Leavitt holdovers were still performing before Holtz's stink got all over everything.

Rodney Adams is an exciting playmaker, and yes, they have been wise to try and get him the ball in as many ways as possible, since the passing game isn't really much to see.

But again, I get called all sorts of names, don't attack anyone personally myself, but that's fine I guess. I provide reasonable answers as to why I think he's a bad coach. They may not all be right, I don't claim to be all-knowing, but I provide fairly insightful answers, and all I see is "Willie is gunna right the ship" and other cliche' drivel.

The talent level is about the same it's always been. Maybe slightly better than the end of the Holtz era (and I bet the same people defending Tags were defending Holtz right up until the end too) so I get tired of the excuses blaming Holtz. He sucked but he's gone. These are Willie's players, this is his guys that he expected to perform in his cheap knockoff Harbaugh system

I root for my team. Long term. I root for sustained success. 7-8 years ago this was a program on the rise that it would not have been asinine to expect them to be consistent visitors inside the top 25, a team capable of knocking off nearly anyone on the right day. Now we've been subject to such bad football for so long, people want to bow at the altar of Coach Low T for having this team fall somewhere between "average" and "bottom dweller", when he himself contributed mightily to such low regard for this program.

I don't think I need to submit a resume as to my football knowledge, when you all would sit there and give me +1's for just spouting off tard billy crap like "Go Bulls! They's gunna win just CUZ I feelz it!"

I love it.  You hit the nail on the head when talking about a team capable of knocking off anybody.  No people are thrilled to beat SMU, exCuse, UCONN and FAMU. 

Edited by snarling Bull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I don't claim to be all-knowing...

I'm glad you actually said that. Your opinion is certainly welcome here, but then so are the rainbows & sunshine and everything else in between. ;) 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Just gonna say this is an idiotic post!! Thank you!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

The losses really bring out the worst on this board. Even after a 3 game win streak.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad you actually said that. Your opinion is certainly welcome here, but then so are the rainbows & sunshine and everything else in between. ;) 

Thanks. I'll admit if I'm flat out wrong, which yes, I know happens! And/or someone makes a good argument. I'm not really thrilled if, or when, Tags gets his pink slip, but it hasn't been fun to watch the losing or the bland style of football.