• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please, please, walk home Taggert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

To be fair I was out of town last week. Probably doing homeless stuff, right 206? 

Here's an actual point though: Navy obviously saw Flowers go for 200+ and adapted to make him throw today instead of running on "pass" plays. USF,  on the other hand, had all week to practice against the option and looked like it was the first time they'd ever seen it. Isn't that coaching, or is that still something something referees kicker bad calls?

Still waiting 206. 

Have you ever played or coached against an option football team?  It is a real pain in the ass.  USF is not built to play the option, and the aggressive style of play they are taught can actually be a hindrance in playing the option.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

If u can't stop the other team u better be able for them not to stop you. This is why Taggart is partially to blame since our run game was failing it forced us to become a passing team which is what we are not. This is where a good coach makes adjustments and finds a way to get the run going or makes a change in the offense so the offense can find a spark to get going. The dumb penalties, drops, and missed fgs are on the players and can only be blamed on Taggart since he brought them in 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever played or coached against an option football team?  It is a real pain in the ass.  USF is not built to play the option, and the aggressive style of play they are taught can actually be a hindrance in playing the option.

Play the front in an "over", try to occupy the OL at the LOS so they can't get to the second level to block, try and take away the FB and the QB and force the ball outside, where, if you are a fast D like USF, you should be able to chase the play down. But they surprisingly got pushed around up front, and looked like they hadn't prepared at all for the upcoming game (a staple of the Tags regime). Yes it can be a bear to stop, but they are a conference foe, so you're gonna have to try and prepare. Can't just gloss over a conference game with "oh noes the option is too hard!"

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

Poor Game plan on both sides of the ball that's why they couldnt overcome some of the player mistakes. this game was there for the taking. 

431 yards rushing is shameful with the talent they have. did this coaching staff not see the film from the Navy Tulane game last week?

I get that CWT wants to be a running team but  I am flabbergasted that he would continue to make it difficult for his run game  by not throwing more play action on first down. 

QF threw  the ball exceptionally well today and is getting better Weekly. IMO this offence will explode when they make defenses respect the pass on first down.

All in all it was a great physical effort and  the team played very hard but that is of little consequence when you lose.

Edited by Massbull

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

No extension for Willie after this game.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I must be drinking, I think he gets another year with what he has put together.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

How many more seasons will it take before some on here learn to spell his name correctly?

I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't.  They haven't cared enough to notice that, how can they have cared enough to give the man a fair shot at rebuilding this team?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I must be drinking, I think he gets another year with what he has put together.  

Best to wait until after the season to decide.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't.  They haven't cared enough to notice that, how can they have cared enough to give the man a fair shot at rebuilding this team?

Anytime someone blatantly misspells Taggart's name over and over again, I just replace it with n****r in my head and mentally read their posts as if they're racist.

"Get dat Taggurt out of heeere! We dont neeid his kind bout dese parts!!! *spits* No sir. Wont see any daughter of mine out spending time wit a Taggert."

Edited by Raetus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

I guess in your mind the head coach has no impact on the outcome of a game.

Again, on this site, none. If USF wins it's all Taggart's beautiful mind and we are all 'Haterz' for ever doubting his ingenious 8 year plan. 

And, here comes the negative points! Here are the top excuses if USF (predictably) loses:

1. It's the players fault! (the very players they want to give Tags coach of the year for recruiting, but zero accountability when they look poorly prepared )

2. If you take away (big plays for the other team, which happen) and (change those to big plays for USF, which are rare) then it's a different game!

3. It's the refs fault!

4. Well, it was close, and that's all that matters! They became a TEAM today that turned the corner!

5. But UCF is worse! 

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4