• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please, please, walk home Taggert

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Thanks. I'll admit if I'm flat out wrong, which yes, I know happens! And/or someone makes a good argument. I'm not really thrilled if, or when, Tags gets his pink slip, but it hasn't been fun to watch the losing or the bland style of football. 

Nobody likes watching losing, especially bland football but, serious question, how was it watching the 3 game win streak, averaging 37 pts per game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Nobody likes watching losing, especially bland football but, serious question, how was it watching the 3 game win streak, averaging 37 pts per game?

To the people that want CWT gone no matter what, this game (which those same people predicted would be a loss), was further justification for their feelings.  After the Maryland game, I though CWT should be gone, because that loss was clearly on him.  Since then, I have changed my opinion.  I see growth in the coaching and in the execution, dropped passes not withstanding.

I think if those mentioned would look at this objectively, which is unlikely to happen, they would see that things are getting better.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Like whoever posted some went missing or should I say missed during that 3 game winning streak. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

My gripe in this game is with Allen. Our standard 4-2-5 alignment was a mistake against a triple option team. We routinely had 5 or 6 players in the box and didn't bring in a 7th or 8th player until it was too late. We can complain about the offense and officiating, but you're not going to win when you give up over 400 yards rushing.

+1....I couldn't understand this.  FFS, we had 5 on the line at the goal line!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

enjoyable although I was well aware of the quality of the opponent. But after 5 seasons of incompetence coaching I half sit around waiting for the collapse when they are up. Luckily UCONN & Cuse seem to have equally inefficient coaches themselves 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

enjoyable although I was well aware of the quality of the opponent. But after 5 seasons of incompetence coaching I half sit around waiting for the collapse when they are up. Luckily UCONN & Cuse seem to have equally inefficient coaches themselves 

If you're a half sitting around waiting for collapses type, why only go back 5 years ....?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Well so far since I've been here there hasn't been much else to say. Want my positives? OK

Tom Allen was a great hire (by harlan) and has the defense playing as well as they have since the Leavitt holdovers were still performing before Holtz's stink got all over everything. 

Rodney Adams is an exciting playmaker, and yes, they have been wise to try and get him the ball in as many ways as possible, since the passing game isn't really much to see. 

But again, I get called all sorts of names, don't attack anyone personally myself, but that's fine I guess. I provide reasonable answers as to why I think he's a bad coach. They may not all be right, I don't claim to be all-knowing, but I provide fairly insightful answers, and all I see is "Willie is gunna right the ship" and other cliche' drivel. 

The talent level is about the same it's always been. Maybe slightly better than the end of the Holtz era (and I bet the same people defending Tags were defending Holtz right up until the end too) so I get tired of the excuses blaming Holtz. He sucked but he's gone. These are Willie's players, this is his guys that he expected to perform in his cheap knockoff Harbaugh system

I root for my team. Long term. I root for sustained success. 7-8 years ago this was a program on the rise that it would not have been asinine to expect them to be consistent visitors inside the top 25, a team capable of knocking off nearly anyone on the right day. Now we've been subject to such bad football for so long, people want to bow at the altar of Coach Low T for having this team fall somewhere between "average" and "bottom dweller", when he himself contributed mightily to such low regard for this program. 

I don't think I need to submit a resume as to my football knowledge, when you all would sit there and give me +1's for just spouting off tard billy crap like "Go Bulls! They's gunna win just CUZ I feelz it!"

You prove my point of just being a Taggart hater by saying the pluses are Tom Allen and Rodney Adams.  Harlan didn't hire Tom Allen, Taggart made the call on that but that's fine, you spin everything Taggart does right into something wrong.  Who got Rodney Adams to transfer here?  Oh that's right, Harlan did because he does everything right.  Adams could have easily transferred to UCF when the tragedy with his mother happened. 

It has been a terrible 2 years and first 3 games of the 3rd season, and that's on no one else but Taggart, but he's showing signs of improvement.

Edited by BrownBullsFan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

Well, i used to set up cones at the USF practice field so I KNOW FOOTBALL BETTER THAN ALL WHO GAZE UPON ME. 

You know nothing more than anyone else on here. Yeah he's showing signs of improvement, I mean when all you do for 2+ seasons is take dump after dump on the field, anything resembling average football looks better. But it still is bad. 

If you have been starving to death and someone hands you a can of spam, you'll eat it and maybe think it's great, but its not. I hope he can still get better coaching, he's 39. The point is he isn't very good to begin with. 

He's in over his head. Maybe he'd be more comfortable at some sun belt.school, or getting back to sniffing Jim Harbaugh's pickle full time.

Edited by cambodia36
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Well, i used to set up cones at the USF practice field so I KNOW FOOTBALL BETTER THAN ALL WHO GAZE UPON ME. 

You know nothing more than anyone else on here. Yeah he's showing signs of improvement, I mean when all you do for 2+ seasons is take dump after dump on the field, anything resembling average football looks better. But it still is bad. 

If you have been starving to death and someone hands you a can of spam, you'll eat it and maybe think it's great, but its not. I hope he can still get better coaching, he's 39. The point is he isn't very good to begin with. 

He's in over his head. Maybe he'd be more comfortable at some sun belt.school, or getting back to sniffing Jim Harbaugh's pickle full time.

How does you setting up cones relate to knowledge of the game at all? Anybody can do that.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

How does you setting up cones relate to knowledge of the game at all? Anybody can do that.

Haha, he's trying to take a personal shot at me after he was claiming he doesn't take personal shots.  It's cool, we can go ahead and fire Willie Taggart and get Jim Harbaugh or whoever else he wants with all the money we have and all the multi million dollar donations we get every year.