• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reading some of the tweets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

USF has one of the worst 3rd down conversions in college football.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

He's gone the players will quit on him if they haven't already. Just proves Taggart is in over his head here so it's time to make the change

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

**** him

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Haven't listened to it but if that's his spin, than while it may be true it all boils down to him not letting his cherry picked players succeed. And yes he's not showing leadership by passing the buck.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

from today's AAC teleconference irked the hell out of me.

Taggs never takes responsbility for anything. He talked about the players not knowing how to win, being immature, not running plays with confidence and fundamentals that went "out the window" How about your fundamentals, coach?

All of this may be true but he should nut up and take responsibility. I'm sure the players don't appreciate being thrown under the bus (sorry for the pun) all the time.

When Spurrier got beat, he would always say we just got out coached.

His schtick is wearing thin with the fans and probably the players too.

Don't worry, as soon as he gets his own players in this won't be an issue anymore.

+1[/quote

+2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Days Won:  0

"Ladies and gentlemen I want to first take full responsibility for the loss at Maryland". "We called a go route and Adams did a great job running the pattern , had two steps on the CB, Q threw a perfect ball and Rod dropped it". "That's on me".

"Right before the half Abraham had great coverage on their WR, he failed to get his head around and locate the ball". "Again, my fault and I"ll continue to work with him until he understands how to play corner".

"Our D gave up a ton of yards today and yet again I own it". They were in the right D and failed to make the plays". I"ll continue to work with them until they learn to tackle".

At some point a kid needs to make a play. I know when I'm accountable at my job as my leader lets me know. My direct reports know when they make mistakes and we coach in the moment when/where possible.

The point is that he looks for all the single plays that could have changed the score. Maryland had multiple other plays they should have scored as well. THe difference is that other coaches give their players multiple chances to make those plays. The kids are not getting opportunities to redeem themselves. Face we are not where we need to be if we need a perfect game with no mistakes to win. You know as soon as the offense gets down 3 scores we will not come back. We ran a 7 minute drive when we were down by 3 scroes. Huh???? Passing game is achilles heel and Taggart aka the O coordinator does not consistently put his players in position to achieve.  Good coaches make players better. Period.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Sounds a lot like Skippy..

A huge loss to Memphis in 2 weeks might be the end for CWT

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sounds a lot like Skippy..

Skip always took the blame and never blamed the players.  Some people called him "soft" and said that was the problem, not making players accountable.

Personally, I think if you in charge and something goes wrong its on you.  You can correct your subordinates in private, but to the rest of the world it's your fault for them not executing.  At least, that's how it works in the real world.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I wonder how CWT's meeting with Harlan will go when the defense of this season hinges on, "...if Adams had just caught that one pass."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The business world and behavior modification is far different than on a sport's field or court. Coaches coach in the moment especially after a poor play. I hope the coaches didn't wait until today at film review to let Abraham know he needs to locate the ball and be deep as the deepest.

CWT has full ownership of the team's results, but kids need to make plays. There are about 6-8 plays a game that are "game changers".

No, it really isn't.  Nick Saban runs a business, not a sandlot football team.  The players perform because they are given very clear direction and guidance.  They know what to do on every single play and the game plans are well thought out.  The players perform to their best because the coaches have done the work to clear the obstacles out of the way of the players.  Just like in the business world.

• Upvote 2