• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reading some of the tweets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

from today's AAC teleconference irked the hell out of me.

Taggs never takes responsbility for anything. He talked about the players not knowing how to win, being immature, not running plays with confidence and fundamentals that went "out the window" How about your fundamentals, coach?

All of this may be true but he should nut up and take responsibility. I'm sure the players don't appreciate being thrown under the bus (sorry for the pun) all the time.

When Spurrier got beat, he would always say we just got out coached.

His schtick is wearing thin with the fans and probably the players too.

He said this during the post game and that bothered me as well. "Kids don't know how to win..." I chalked it up as an emotional response after the loss. If he said it again during the conference, I think that's crap.

If he thinks his O made one or two mistakes and that is why we lost the game he truly is a lost cause...

Watch any good coach like Jimbo etc and they will always say we need to do a better job getting our kids ready etc etc. That is the correct response bc that is your job as the head coach. Otherwise what the heck is your job...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

Watch any good coach like Jimbo etc and they will always say we need to do a better job getting our kids ready etc etc. That is the correct response bc that is your job as the head coach. Otherwise what the heck is your job...

To fill that stadium up.  Gonna fill it up....

To fill that stadium up. Gonna fill it up....

Lol...he will never live that one down if he fails here...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Next coach let's have no hype, no gimmicks. Just coach.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I guess I'm in the minority, or at least the vocal minority, but this is so not the right move right now. It's easier to cry for change than to endure the painful spectacle of a slow growth. We all want instant gratification, of course, but what if the "next" guy has as little or less success? I want to at least ride this season out before I jump on the change bandwagon again. I think the timing was indisputable on CSH, but I'm just not there for CWT. I hope the players can stop listening to the offense alarm going off in their minds right now, and listen to the message.

CWT likewise better realize he helped lose that game by a couple of bad decisions. Acknowledge, talk as a team, heal, and practice those drills some more please.

I'm with you. Firing CWT would kill more than the season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Next coach let's have no hype, no gimmicks. Just coach.

+1000! Save the rah rah crap for the players not the fans. CWT compounded the problem with his get on the bus, blue collar shirts, stories, and metaphors. In a word, he lacks "maturity" as a coach.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I guess I'm in the minority, or at least the vocal minority, but this is so not the right move right now. It's easier to cry for change than to endure the painful spectacle of a slow growth. We all want instant gratification, of course, but what if the "next" guy has as little or less success? I want to at least ride this season out before I jump on the change bandwagon again. I think the timing was indisputable on CSH, but I'm just not there for CWT. I hope the players can stop listening to the offense alarm going off in their minds right now, and listen to the message.

CWT likewise better realize he helped lose that game by a couple of bad decisions. Acknowledge, talk as a team, heal, and practice those drills some more please.

I hate firing a coach, too, but I don't see slow growth.  I see better players, as he does recruit very well, given our appeal.  But there's a very real chance we win only 0-2 more games.  That's not improvement.

I just fear we're on a downward slide, and the sooner we stem the bleeding, the better.  Could be he gets Memphis & Cuse, and maybe UConn.  In a decent year, you win 2 of those.  Not sure we win any.

And, I didn't have the stomach to listen to Taggart's comments (and that pesky job gets in the way)...but I'm guessing he didn't address the WTF Call of the year, sending Bench in after QF's best drive EVER.

I hate firing a coach, too, but I don't see slow growth. I see better players, as he does recruit very well, given our appeal. But there's a very real chance we win only 0-2 more games. That's not improvement.

I just fear we're on a downward slide, and the sooner we stem the bleeding, the better. Could be he gets Memphis & Cuse, and maybe UConn. In a decent year, you win 2 of those. Not sure we win any.

And, I didn't have the stomach to listen to Taggart's comments (and that pesky job gets in the way)...but I'm guessing he didn't address the WTF Call of the year, sending Bench in after QF's best drive EVER.

What's worse was his excuse for doing it...i told SB he would play...

They did show a shot of QF that appeared to be cheering SB on which was good to see.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Given the performance on the field, I haven't any idea whether these players are better or worse than the ones before CWT.

I do know that a good coach can take his'n and beat your'n, then take your'n and beat his'n.  

I've seen zero evidence of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1