• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reading some of the tweets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

"Ladies and gentlemen I want to first take full responsibility for the loss at Maryland". "We called a go route and Adams did a great job running the pattern , had two steps on the CB, Q threw a perfect ball and Rod dropped it". "That's on me".

"Right before the half Abraham had great coverage on their WR, he failed to get his head around and locate the ball". "Again, my fault and I"ll continue to work with him until he understands how to play corner".

"Our D gave up a ton of yards today and yet again I own it". They were in the right D and failed to make the plays". I"ll continue to work with them until they learn to tackle".

At some point a kid needs to make a play. I know when I'm accountable at my job as my leader lets me know. My direct reports know when they make mistakes and we coach in the moment when/where possible.

Still would've lost had all those things gone the way Taggart and we wanted. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

As a Dolphins fan this may not be a great example. He was a monumental NFL failure.

I don't think anyone is saying Taggart is the only problem. Dropping the football is a problem. Bonehead penalties 30 yards away from the play is a problem. Taggart can't make plays like when Adams dropped the ball so he doesn't take any of that blame. He made a good play call and the WR has to make that play. Penalties though, have been an issue ever since he got here with his recruits and Skip's recruits.

Marlon Mack, our best player, touched the ball 12 times on Saturday. Is that not Taggart's fault? And you can't even say "well we were down a bunch so we didn't run the ball after getting down big", we ran the ball 50 times and threw 22 times. 

But you're acting as if Taggart should shoulder very little of the blame and is right to point to a few plays?? He'll run out of excuses eventually especially when we are in conference play.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

The business world and behavior modification is far different than on a sport's field or court. Coaches coach in the moment especially after a poor play. I hope the coaches didn't wait until today at film review to let Abraham know he needs to locate the ball and be deep as the deepest.

CWT has full ownership of the team's results, but kids need to make plays. There are about 6-8 plays a game that are "game changers".

No, it really isn't.  Nick Saban runs a business, not a sandlot football team.  The players perform because they are given very clear direction and guidance.  They know what to do on every single play and the game plans are well thought out.  The players perform to their best because the coaches have done the work to clear the obstacles out of the way of the players.  Just like in the business world.

Easy to say when Bama has some of the best athletes in the country.  Granted Saban recruited those kids, but which came first the chicken or the egg?  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Thing is, he's taken blame in the past too. But at some point (and since he's on his last leg, that point is now) he has to call out the problems as he sees them. Like Bausf was saying, there were several plays where better reproduction of the fundamentals would have changed the shape of the game. His job's in dire jeopardy now, and he clearly doesn't want to be done at USF. Lots of people are readily dismissing player culpability and going straight to the coach. Saban could be the coach, but if they don't execute are you gonna say the same thing?

He'd have done better by saying "it was a tough day all around, lots of mistakes to pass around to everyone including we coaches, and we all need to ingrain those fundamentals. Thank you." But I completely understand his exasperation, and honestly that's one thing I like about the guy--he's real, not a machine.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Thing is, he's taken blame in the past too. But at some point (and since he's on his last leg, that point is now) he has to call out the problems as he sees them. Like Bausf was saying, there were several plays where better reproduction of the fundamentals would have changed the shape of the game. His job's in dire jeopardy now, and he clearly doesn't want to be done at USF. Lots of people are readily dismissing player culpability and going straight to the coach. Saban could be the coach, but if they don't execute are you gonna say the same thing?

He'd have done better by saying "it was a tough day all around, lots of mistakes to pass around to everyone including we coaches, and we all need to ingrain those fundamentals. Thank you." But I completely understand his exasperation, and honestly that's one thing I like about the guy--he's real, not a machine.

He's been coaching these guys through three full offseasons and three fall camps.  If they STILL don't have the fundamentals down, that's on him bro.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

He's been coaching these guys through three full offseasons and three fall camps.  If they STILL don't have the fundamentals down, that's on him bro.

Bingo!  He's had 27 games, 3 spring camps and 3 fall camps to get these players ready or find ones that will be ready to play fundamentally sound football. This is all on Taggs and he knows it.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

Apparently Collin is reporting that there is dissention among the players at Taggart's post-game comments.  Players feel like they are always being thrown under the bus by him after a loss.

Hmm...I wonder where else we read that.  Taggart is like a petulant little child.  With these comments, he may have officially lost the team.  hbryan said 11/15 would be date he's canned.  At this rate, between these comments, Yborgate and our putrid on field performance he may not make it that far.

Very sad.  I wanted him so badly to work out.  If he showed any type of improvement in win and losses he could have gone wild with recruiting.

I guess we're in store for another coaching change and a rebuilding project.  Sigh

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Apparently Collin is reporting that there is dissention among the players at Taggart's post-game comments.  Players feel like they are always being thrown under the bus by him after a loss.

Hmm...I wonder where else we read that.  Taggart is like a petulant little child.  With these comments, he may have officially lost the team.  hbryan said 11/15 would be date he's canned.  At this rate, between these comments, Yborgate and our putrid on field performance he may not make it that far.

Very sad.  I wanted him so badly to work out.  If he showed any type of improvement in win and losses he could have gone wild with recruiting.

I guess we're in store for another coaching change and a rebuilding project.  Sigh

This is a bye week, there is no better opportunity to make a change unless they want to risk burning the season.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

I guess I'm in the minority, or at least the vocal minority, but this is so not the right move right now. It's easier to cry for change than to endure the painful spectacle of a slow growth. We all want instant gratification, of course, but what if the "next" guy has as little or less success? I want to at least ride this season out before I jump on the change bandwagon again. I think the timing was indisputable on CSH, but I'm just not there for CWT. I hope the players can stop listening to the offense alarm going off in their minds right now, and listen to the message.

CWT likewise better realize he helped lose that game by a couple of bad decisions. Acknowledge, talk as a team, heal, and practice those drills some more please.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

I guess I'm in the minority, or at least the vocal minority, but this is so not the right move right now. It's easier to cry for change than to endure the painful spectacle of a slow growth. We all want instant gratification, of course, but what if the "next" guy has as little or less success? I want to at least ride this season out before I jump on the change bandwagon again. I think the timing was indisputable on CSH, but I'm just not there for CWT. I hope the players can stop listening to the offense alarm going off in their minds right now, and listen to the message.

CWT likewise better realize he helped lose that game by a couple of bad decisions. Acknowledge, talk as a team, heal, and practice those drills some more please.

Yup.