• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reading some of the tweets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

W went from passionate Jim to fluffy Skip and now the tyrant Taggart. So are we due for another fluffy? Please no!!!!!!!!!! Please show some encouragement Willie besides telling your wanky how good he is.

It does seem like Flowers escapes his verbal wrath. Wonder if he plays favorites...hmmmm

Ya think!!!!!!!

Edited by Z Bull

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

I read the quote, but I didn't see the question that was asked. The question he was answering matters. Not saying that CWT is right or wrong, but I always love to see the actual text of the question that was asked, not just the response. 

I think the question was, "So...you bill yourself as some sort of offensive guy and you are getting paid millions of dollars to produce an offense capable of winning football games, yet somehow, you suck major ass. Are the players just not good enough for you to work with or are you just not good enough?"

This is the problem.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

Who says we suck? We were almost ready to hang with Maryland for a half. They are out there competing hard and executing the game plan the way we drew it up.

Sarcasm font?

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

W went from passionate Jim to fluffy Skip and now the tyrant Taggart. So are we due for another fluffy? Please no!!!!!!!!!! Please show some encouragement Willie besides telling your wanky how good he is.

It does seem like Flowers escapes his verbal wrath. Wonder if he plays favorites...hmmmm

I have actually heard CWT say that QF needs to hit those throws in post game interviews. I think it was against FSU...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Thing is, he's taken blame in the past too. But at some point (and since he's on his last leg, that point is now) he has to call out the problems as he sees them. Like Bausf was saying, there were several plays where better reproduction of the funamentals would have changed the shape of the game. His job's in dire jeopardy now, and he clearly doesn't want to be done at USF. Lots of people are readily dismissing player culpability and going straight to the coach. Saban could be the coach, but if they don't execute are you gonna say the same thing?

He'd have done better by saying "it was a tough day all around, lots of mistakes to pass around to everyone including we coaches, and we all need to ingrain those fundamentals. Thank you." But I completely understand his exasperation, and honestly that's one thing I like about the guy--he's real, not a machine.

He's been coaching these guys through three full offseasons and three fall camps. If they STILL don't have the fundamentals down, that's on him bro.
Bingo! He's had 27 games, 3 spring camps and 3 fall camps to get these players ready or find ones that will be ready to play fundamentally sound football. This is all on Taggs and he knows it.
Which is why I said I doubt it'd happen because they aren't only changing the coaching staff yearly, they are changing the entire style of play yearly on defense and now the offense. Three years with a good scheme and some coaching staff stability and these kids should compete with the top in the conference.
Correction, the offense hasn't changed since CWT's first year. They just tried this year to speed up the same 3 to 5 plays that QF can remember and supposedly execute. And yes with the proper good coaching, which we don't have with CWT, we could have a respectable team. But Taggert will NOT take any responsibility for poor coaching, poor play calling, poor player utilization, and various other bad decisions he has made.

I said at the end of last year that we had such a poor record because our players could not play after being thrown under the bus and run over so many times by Taggert. And he is doing the same this year. He has not taken responsibility for anything that went wrong in any game since he has been here. Whether he likes it or admits it or not, he is ultimately responsible and will pay the price for a poor season with his job. "Pride goes before the fall" Willie.

Yes, the offense changed this year. http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/98931-usf-football-2015spread-offense/ I mean how many times did White run the read option? Certainly not two downs on every drive like now. Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I guess I'm in the minority, or at least the vocal minority, but this is so not the right move right now. It's easier to cry for change than to endure the painful spectacle of a slow growth. We all want instant gratification, of course, but what if the "next" guy has as little or less success? I want to at least ride this season out before I jump on the change bandwagon again. I think the timing was indisputable on CSH, but I'm just not there for CWT. I hope the players can stop listening to the offense alarm going off in their minds right now, and listen to the message.

CWT likewise better realize he helped lose that game by a couple of bad decisions. Acknowledge, talk as a team, heal, and practice those drills some more please.

I hate firing a coach, too, but I don't see slow growth. I see better players, as he does recruit very well, given our appeal. But there's a very real chance we win only 0-2 more games. That's not improvement.

I just fear we're on a downward slide, and the sooner we stem the bleeding, the better. Could be he gets Memphis & Cuse, and maybe UConn. In a decent year, you win 2 of those. Not sure we win any.

And, I didn't have the stomach to listen to Taggart's comments (and that pesky job gets in the way)...but I'm guessing he didn't address the WTF Call of the year, sending Bench in after QF's best drive EVER.

What's worse was his excuse for doing it...i told SB he would play...

They did show a shot of QF that appeared to be cheering SB on which was good to see.

Maybe, but the shot I saw of QF was a blend of perplexed & pissed.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I guess I'm in the minority, or at least the vocal minority, but this is so not the right move right now. It's easier to cry for change than to endure the painful spectacle of a slow growth. We all want instant gratification, of course, but what if the "next" guy has as little or less success? I want to at least ride this season out before I jump on the change bandwagon again. I think the timing was indisputable on CSH, but I'm just not there for CWT. I hope the players can stop listening to the offense alarm going off in their minds right now, and listen to the message.

CWT likewise better realize he helped lose that game by a couple of bad decisions. Acknowledge, talk as a team, heal, and practice those drills some more please.

I hate firing a coach, too, but I don't see slow growth. I see better players, as he does recruit very well, given our appeal. But there's a very real chance we win only 0-2 more games. That's not improvement.

I just fear we're on a downward slide, and the sooner we stem the bleeding, the better. Could be he gets Memphis & Cuse, and maybe UConn. In a decent year, you win 2 of those. Not sure we win any.

And, I didn't have the stomach to listen to Taggart's comments (and that pesky job gets in the way)...but I'm guessing he didn't address the WTF Call of the year, sending Bench in after QF's best drive EVER.

What's worse was his excuse for doing it...i told SB he would play...

They did show a shot of QF that appeared to be cheering SB on which was good to see.

Maybe, but the shot I saw of QF was a blend of perplexed & pissed.

You saw what I saw, but the other shot was just a short time later iirc. I was encouraged by that, shows a little maturity.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

We can hire a new coach that uses the spread already so the adjustment wouldn't be as big as going from the pro to the spread. As far as the d we can have the new coach keep Allen on as DC for a year or two to give the new coach confidence to establish a good offense that puts points in the board