• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build the offense around Bench!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Steve young couldn't get this offense moving with Taggart running the offense. Taggart sucks at it. If he would just give up that duty to someone more competent and focus on recruiting and on the running backs this team could be doing a lot better.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Steve young couldn't get this offense moving with Taggart running the offense. Taggart sucks at it. If he would just give up that duty to someone more competent and focus on recruiting and on the running backs this team could be doing a lot better.

I'm forced to concur

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Re-watched the last game vs Maryland.

QF is still better over all than Bench

Again, coming in cold when he did, QF should have looked better. Who gets snaps with the first team all season? Who has a chance to learn a rhythm with those receivers, who was warmed up pre-game and played all game? Bench was set up to fail.

If Bench is any kind of competitor, he should be embarrassed that this lame excuse keeps getting thrown out there ... I guess anytime a starting qb goes down, that team should just forfeit, or punt on first down, because the qb coming in will be ineffective.

Yup, no QB has ever come on in relief and hit the ground running and never given the job back. If only they had those first team reps and their coaches weren't always conspiring against them.

That's exactly why Drew Bledsoe has won four Super Bowls for the Patriots the last few years.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm forced to concur

There's not a doubt in my mind, as well, that this is the case.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Re-watched the last game vs Maryland.

QF is still better over all than Bench

Again, coming in cold when he did, QF should have looked better. Who gets snaps with the first team all season? Who has a chance to learn a rhythm with those receivers, who was warmed up pre-game and played all game? Bench was set up to fail.
If Bench is any kind of competitor, he should be embarrassed that this lame excuse keeps getting thrown out there ... I guess anytime a starting qb goes down, that team should just forfeit, or punt on first down, because the qb coming in will be ineffective.

Yup, no QB has ever come on in relief and hit the ground running and never given the job back. If only they had those first team reps and their coaches weren't always conspiring against them.

That's exactly why Drew Bledsoe has won four Super Bowls for the Patriots the last few years.

That kid for Cincinnati would've thrown for 800yds last night if the coaches didn't set him up to fail!!!

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I'm forced to concur

I'm not sure this is the case. Even with QF back there and no really pass threat we are able to move the ball. If we had a QB that could run more than a handful of plays I am not totally convinced the O would not work...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm forced to concur

I'm not sure this is the case. Even with QF back there and no really pass threat we are able to move the ball. If we had a QB that could run more than a handful of plays I am not totally convinced the O would not work...

We were able to move the ball last game because MD took the lead and pretty much sat back 20 yards and laughed.

It's obvious CWT has made his decision on he will go down with his "bus" though. Captn Ahab deserves what he sows...

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

It's obvious CWT has made his decision on he will go down with his "bus" though. Captn Ahab deserves what he sows...

We do agree there ...

I'm forced to concur

We were able to move the ball last game because MD took the lead and pretty much sat back 20 yards and laughed.
I am not just talking about that one drive. Look back to FSU and the first half of MD. Even when they stacked the box we picked up some first downs (just not on 3rd downs) and where winning the TOP battle. How many plays would you say QF runs during the game 10-15?

In fact when they run the 3-5 pass plays that he can run they are there...just have recievers dropping balls or QF skip hopping or overthrowing. For those asking for QF to be unleashed and allowed to throw...remember those sacks against MD, that'what happens when your not ready. I prefer that though to him throwing picks.

Edited by Bull-Hornz