• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jason Pierre Paul's career in jeopardy due to 4th of July accident

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Very much a lawsuit coming for that screenshot.

He will be fine though. That's the main thing.

These could be a problem going forward, though ....

giants_143.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Um... Adam Schefter says ESPN has obtained medical documentation that a finger was amputated. My twitter skills are lacking since I don't use it.

How does one get that document?

It's 2 quick pics of a computer screen... probably from a cellphone.

This is a lawyer's dream.

Yeah I saw the pic too and I am wondering how someone can tweet that out. If JPP didn't let the Giants see him, I am guessing it was supposed to remain a secret.

I'm not a lawyer, but I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.  

I've heard/read several times that sports teams are in kind of a grey area.  It has been suggested that due to the nature of their job, performance related injuries are not subject to the same protections.  Either because of how the law is written, or because they give up those rights when they sign their contract.  That is why you typically see a lot of details on injuries, but when someone has a heart problem or cancer or something like that, the information remains secret for months or years.  

I have no legal basis to make this claim, but over the last few years I've found this pattern to hold true.  This would fall into the performance related injury camp, so maybe it is ok to share.  In any event, I would think that was cleared through the legal team of the networks before it was released.  Then again, even large networks do stupid things once in a while.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Ah, here is a link.  It is collectively bargained, and it is employment record if it is football related under HIPPA anyway.  Now Pierre-Paul may not be under contract for the upcoming season, so he might be in a gray area.  In any event, I don't think that keeping team representatives out is going to help his negotiating stance.

http://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-allowable-that-NFL-players-medical-information-shared-with-the-public

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Wouldn't it depend on how the medical records were received? Was it the team who released it or was it somebody from the hospital?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Ah, here is a link.  It is collectively bargained, and it is employment record if it is football related under HIPPA anyway.  Now Pierre-Paul may not be under contract for the upcoming season, so he might be in a gray area.  In any event, I don't think that keeping team representatives out is going to help his negotiating stance.

http://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-allowable-that-NFL-players-medical-information-shared-with-the-public

That collective bargaining is between the NFL and NFLPA so yes, he's part of it, it's from his union no matter if he's on a team or not.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I won't believe this until the finger is found in a meal at a fast food joint.

I think it's for sale on eBay.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think the worst part of this is he won't be able to throw up the horns anymore... it will just be a pinky promise...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I think the worst part of this is he won't be able to throw up the horns anymore... it will just be a pinky promise...

I don't know whether to slap you four, or give myself not-quite-a-Face_Palm