• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jason Pierre Paul's career in jeopardy due to 4th of July accident

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So, you're suggesting it's the guy that sold JPP fireworks that is the problem?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

HAHAHAHA, now that's using an image from my generation ... well done.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I thought Florida Fireworks Statute 791 says it's illegal to have fireworks like JPP was probably using.  Apparently law isn't really enforced in Florida and everyone looks the other way.  I think the fireworks sellers in Florida use an exception clause in statute that allow fireworks for agricultural use to scare birds away in crop fields and what sellers do is get buyers to sign a release form that that is what they are using the fireworks mortars for...not for shooting out of backyard for recreation.  Dumb.

The fireworks manufacturers donate to every state rep and senator. You are correct, they are illegal for backyard use. A Pinelass councilman actually wanted to enforce the law and you'd have thought the world was coming to an end.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

So. The University of Miami's hospital releases this information.

THE PLOT THICKENS...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I thought Florida Fireworks Statute 791 says it's illegal to have fireworks like JPP was probably using.  Apparently law isn't really enforced in Florida and everyone looks the other way.  I think the fireworks sellers in Florida use an exception clause in statute that allow fireworks for agricultural use to scare birds away in crop fields and what sellers do is get buyers to sign a release form that that is what they are using the fireworks mortars for...not for shooting out of backyard for recreation.  Dumb.

That's hardly just Florida that doesn't enforce their firework laws on the 4th. I think that's nationwide for states with those laws. The amount of illegal fireworks being used is enormous and considered a low priority on holidays. Georgia has sounded like a war zone on the 4th with a fair amount of firearms mixed with illegal fireworks. Fireworks were finally legalized this year and the amount of gunfire seemed to be way down in my area.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I thought folks on here were USF fans. To make fun of someone's medical issues is not cool. Great fans.

The guy made a really, really dumb decision that he will pay for the rest of his life.

Wonder why participation and traffic is off on this site?

Go Bulls!

Good point. Gimme a High 4.

Couldn't resist.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

I thought folks on here were USF fans. To make fun of someone's medical issues is not cool. Great fans.

The guy made a really, really dumb decision that he will pay for the rest of his life.

Wonder why participation and traffic is off on this site?

Go Bulls!

Pretty sure if it wasn't for that, and the fact it wasn't life threatening, there wouldn't have been the digital humor .... and you're saying that people were precognizant enough to know 3 years ago that JPP would blow his finger off and a few would make light of it so they preemptively started boycotting the board?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

No, I'm saying the value of the site over the last year or two has gone down hill.

Well no ****, Sherlock. The board is driven by football ... not sure much more needs to be said.

• Downvote 1

No, I'm saying the value of the site over the last year or two has gone down hill. Why make fun of a USF guy on a USF sport's site who is going through a difficult medical issue?

Not my style.

So if JPP makes a statement to the media claiming it was stupid mistake and then makes a joke about his finger, would you then be OK with the comments posted on TBP? And no Googling his press statement before you answer my question.

You don't get it. I'm good. Have fun.

I do understand where you're coming from Kid. Also to my knowledge he hasn't made any public comments about the incident as of yet. I know we all wish him a full recovery and continued success in the NFL.