• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart is either really confident or in denial...You be the judge.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Whatever. After this year, it doesn't matter anymore. Either he wins and you don't care what he says because we're winning again or he loses and he's fired.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, all,

Thanks for sharing my column and for the interesting discussion. ... Just a heads up, some of what was published in the Oracle got flubbed up during the editing process, so I decided to publish the original story on my Tumblr page. Most of it is the same aside from a couple words here and there, if you're interested.

Link: http://odomjeff.tumblr.com/post/121023215485/desperate-times-desperate-coach

As always, thanks for reading.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

In two seasons under Taggart, the Bulls’ have won only six games and none – not even against tiny Division I-AA Western Carolina – have come by more than eight points. That’s right, USF hasn’t won a game by double digits since it defeated I-AA Chattanooga 34-13 in the 2012 season opener. USF hasn’t beaten an FBS opponent by double digits since a 20-point victory at Syracuse in 2011 – then-coach Skip Holtz’s second season.

I never really thought about this. That's pretty crazy.... and horrible.

FAMU will end that streak.  They are maybe the worst college team in the US.

If we win by less than 3 TDs, we will NOT win more than 4 games...and Taggart gets fired. Flag this post, and if we don't cover 21 points, we're done.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Time will tell.  I hope he's right.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

In two seasons under Taggart, the Bulls’ have won only six games and none – not even against tiny Division I-AA Western Carolina – have come by more than eight points. That’s right, USF hasn’t won a game by double digits since it defeated I-AA Chattanooga 34-13 in the 2012 season opener. USF hasn’t beaten an FBS opponent by double digits since a 20-point victory at Syracuse in 2011 – then-coach Skip Holtz’s second season.

FAMU will end that streak.  They are maybe the worst college team in the US.

If we win by less than 3 TDs, we will NOT win more than 4 games...and Taggart gets fired. Flag this post, and if we don't cover 21 points, we're done.

If we can't dominate FAMU the season is over before it starts and it would be conceivable Taggart doesn't last the season. I'd like to think we can destroy them but SMU was historically bad and we squeaked out a win.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,255
  • Days Won:  1

In two seasons under Taggart, the Bulls’ have won only six games and none – not even against tiny Division I-AA Western Carolina – have come by more than eight points. That’s right, USF hasn’t won a game by double digits since it defeated I-AA Chattanooga 34-13 in the 2012 season opener. USF hasn’t beaten an FBS opponent by double digits since a 20-point victory at Syracuse in 2011 – then-coach Skip Holtz’s second season.

FAMU will end that streak. They are maybe the worst college team in the US.

If we can't dominate FAMU the season is over before it starts and it would be conceivable Taggart doesn't last the season. I'd like to think we can destroy them but SMU was historically bad and we squeaked out a win.

If we don't dominate FAMU taggart might be fired that night especially if we lose to them

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Hell get at least 3 games no matter how bad they are.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I think he gets the whole season no matter how bad they are.  If we are mathematically eliminated from bowl eligibility early, I think they still keep him on until after the last (UCF) game before they do anything.

I hope none of this speculation matters, and we end up pulling the nose up on the football program this season.

Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

In two seasons under Taggart, the Bulls’ have won only six games and none – not even against tiny Division I-AA Western Carolina – have come by more than eight points. That’s right, USF hasn’t won a game by double digits since it defeated I-AA Chattanooga 34-13 in the 2012 season opener. USF hasn’t beaten an FBS opponent by double digits since a 20-point victory at Syracuse in 2011 – then-coach Skip Holtz’s second season.

FAMU will end that streak. They are maybe the worst college team in the US.

If we don't dominate FAMU taggart might be fired that night especially if we lose to them

We lose to FAMU I would want him fired before he gets back on the team bus.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

This scares me....

because the overconfidence is just to get the fans hopes up... (like the previous two seasons)