• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart is either really confident or in denial...You be the judge.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

without a qb with a proven track record cwt sounds insane

kill·joy

(kÄ­l′joi′)

n.
One who spoils the enthusiasm or fun of others.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

kill·joy

(kÄ­l′joi′)

n.
One who spoils the enthusiasm or fun of others.

DebbieDowner.png

You can't honestly think we have a chance against FSU, right?

Not speaking for Jupiter, but this is probably the best chance we've had or we'll probably have in the near future given what they've lost.  Don't read that into me saying we're going to win.  

I don't see us winning, but I'm going.  That said, I didn't think we'd win last time I went to Doak, especially after losing Grothe the week before.  Nor did any of the FSU fans I saw the night before, or on game day.  

That said, we don't have 2 NFL DEs this year (or do we?), or such a physical LB group.  I don't think we have a BJ Daniels, either...but who knows?

FSU made is harder by grabbing Golson, but they lost a ton of talent to the NFL/graduation...but they are still stacked.

No, I expect to lose by 3 TDs...but I'd love to see us coast v FAMU, suffer no injuries and play vanilla (and get a lot of people some playing time).

I don't expect to lose by 3 TDs... and yes there is a chance USF could pull the upset... FSU opens against Texas State (not exactly a tough warm up) ... and they follow us with a Friday night conference opener at B.C.  Plus the Bulls will be fired up to take on FSU, while the Seminoles will have a difficult time getting motivated - despite Taggart's braggadocio.

If Florida State thinks we're as bad as the people on here, they could easily be taken by surprise.  That happened the last time USF went to Tallahassee -- we went out and shocked them with a couple of turnovers ... and we won because of our defense.

That would be the recipe for a win in 2015: a big effort by the defense and a couple of surprises on offense.  (People, our defense is going to be pretty good... maybe you don't see that yet)

Stil I would put our chances at around 25%...   My prediction: Florida State 24 - USF 13

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Not speaking for Jupiter, but this is probably the best chance we've had or we'll probably have in the near future given what they've lost.  Don't read that into me saying we're going to win.  

I don't see us winning, but I'm going.  That said, I didn't think we'd win last time I went to Doak, especially after losing Grothe the week before.  Nor did any of the FSU fans I saw the night before, or on game day.  

That said, we don't have 2 NFL DEs this year (or do we?), or such a physical LB group.  I don't think we have a BJ Daniels, either...but who knows?

FSU made is harder by grabbing Golson, but they lost a ton of talent to the NFL/graduation...but they are still stacked.

No, I expect to lose by 3 TDs...but I'd love to see us coast v FAMU, suffer no injuries and play vanilla (and get a lot of people some playing time).

I don't expect to lose by 3 TDs... and yes there is a chance USF could pull the upset... FSU opens against Texas State (not exactly a tough warm up) ... and they follow us with a Friday night conference opener at B.C.  Plus the Bulls will be fired up to take on FSU, while the Seminoles will have a difficult time getting motivated - despite Taggart's braggadocio.

If Florida State thinks we're as bad as the people on here, they could easily be taken by surprise.  That happened the last time USF went to Tallahassee -- we went out and shocked them with a couple of turnovers ... and we won because of our defense.

That would be the recipe for a win in 2015: a big effort by the defense and a couple of surprises on offense.  (People, our defense is going to be pretty good... maybe you don't see that yet)

Stil I would put our chances at around 25%...   My prediction: Florida State 24 - USF 13

That is a pretty strong prediction ... for a team that was scoreless against UCF

I still don't see anything (coaching-wise) that would allow us to compete on the field.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

That is a pretty strong prediction ... for a team that was scoreless against UCF

I still don't see anything (coaching-wise) that would allow us to compete on the field.

Yup. I think we are mentally blocking out just how horrible we've looked in the last 20 or so games. It’s a good coping mechanism.

I went up to Tally for the BJ-coming-out game, and I went in there truly thinking we had a good chance. I wasn't guaranteeing a win or anything, but I felt good about our chances.  This time I think we have ZERO chance of winning and the best we can hope for is not to get completely embarrassed.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

After Jimbo walks into the locker room and puts up on the projector Taggart saying "Remember what happened last time we went to Tallahassee? Those days are coming back", looks at his team, then walks out of the locker room FSU will then beat us by 60+ instead of easing up after they're up by 30. 

We have no chance to beat them. 

Jimbo has a clip of him saying that? Do we even have one??

Goodness you over analyze everything haha. My apologies I should have said "puts up on the projector the quote of Taggart saying.......

Bulletin board .... that's old fashioned "bulletin board material" right there .... if the programs were anywhere near in the same stratosphere at this point ... which they're not ... which makes all this focus on what he said humorous, at the worst ... at best, off season filler.

It's not even on their radar and won't be until that Saturday morning.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

:wtf: 

We had NFL talent all over the field against them. BJ Daniels ran all over them, Carlton Mitchell, Nate Allen, Pierre-Paul, George Selvie, Terrell McClain, Tyrone McKenzie, Jerome Murphy, Mistral Raymond, Kion Wilson, etc.

My goodness is that depressing to think about how we used to develop players.... We had legitimate talent on the field against them and legitimate coaching who had beaten big programs on the road before. 

FSU will absolutely destroy us. They've lost 1 time in the last 2 seasons. We've won 6 times in the last 2 seasons, with 5 of those wins being: Western Carolina, 2 against UCONN, 1 against SMU, 1 against Tulsa lol. 

FSU will roll 48 - 10. They scored 23 points with their backup QB against Clemson last year, there's no chance we hold them to 24 or below. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just to play devil's advocate ... the biggest reason why FSU lost one game in 2 seasons is now playing at RayJay in black/pewter and red.  

I think we'll get beaten, but not nearly as bad as everyone thinks.  

USFbulls24, I also agree ... you named all those players and I can't think of a single one from the team that I would compare with ANY of those guys ... and that sucks.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Yup. I think we are mentally blocking out just how horrible we've looked in the last 20 or so games. It’s a good coping mechanism.

I went up to Tally for the BJ-coming-out game, and I went in there truly thinking we had a good chance. I wasn't guaranteeing a win or anything, but I felt good about our chances.  This time I think we have ZERO chance of winning and the best we can hope for is not to get completely embarrassed.

I agree with you. Going to be a long day for USF. Made the 1st trip up there and it was one of the best weekends for USF football. FSU were very classy. Not going up there this time as I know it will take away from the blast I had when USF won 17-7. I will watch this game from the beach that way I will still be a the beach even if the game gets FN ugly

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

CWT won seven games in an inferior conference!  Are you looking for a better track record than that?