• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White given release from USF football, will transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Mike got a raw deal. Hope he picks up baseball again at his new school.

how did he get a raw deal?

he was handed the starter's job

Exactly, Mike White got more from USF than he ever gave back to us. Most Div 1 QB's don't see a meaningful snap until they been with the team for 2-3 (blood, sweat) years minimum. He was a True Freshman and he's getting invaluable playing time at a major Div 1 football program. No Raw Deal Here. Football players transfer all the time.

I meant more on how CWT sold him on playing football only and giving up baseball (hence my second sentence). MW has a serious arm on the diamond.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Was never sold on him as being our QB of the future like some on here. After his first game against Houston, way too many people jumped the gun on this kid. Wish him luck, but he was given ever chance to succeed here but he never took off.

What irks me most is how White took snaps from Bench all those games. Such a sham.

Your ire for the bold part is directed at CWT, right? Not MW ...

correct. I have no ill will toward MW. I wish he panned out but didn't. Maybe Bench got a fair shake in house but outside looking in, he seemed to get a raw deal by CWT.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What I find most interesting of all is that Taggart seems interested in naming a starter now for the fall.  He's always dragged things out before, especially at QB. 

Either he got some inklings that the QBs on his roster wanted to know, or Harlan told him he needs to stop the foolishness. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Taggart can't allow Bench to leave.  He just can't.  

You realize Bench is a senior who already transferred when he came here.  If he did again, it would be to an FCS team or he'd no longer be eligible.  He literally has 1 year left.  I'm not sure why you think he would transfer but I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere.  Especially since he graduates in December.  

He has not used his redshirt year.  He could sit out a year and have one year left.

And if he is granted a red shirt for that first year at Penn State, as he has applied, he'll have 2 years of eligibility.  O'Brien played him 3 snaps in the 9th game (or thereabouts) to run out the clock in a game thus burning his red-shirt.  His only other action was early in the year.  If it is granted he can play 2 more years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

What I find most interesting of all is that Taggart seems interested in naming a starter now for the fall.  He's always dragged things out before, especially at QB. 

Either he got some inklings that the QBs on his roster wanted to know, or Harlan told him he needs to stop the foolishness. 

Or he saw how well it worked the first two years so he's going to maybe try something different .... Hopefully Harlan has nothing to do with decisions like that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

The wheels on the bus go round and round round and round round and round

Or he saw how well it worked the first two years so he's going to maybe try something different .... Hopefully Harlan has nothing to do with decisions like that.

Certainly Harlan doesn't have time to micro manage every decision.  But unlike how it used to be at USF, I think it is clear that Harlan is the boss.  Harlan has every right to have a football coach that does things the way Harlan believes they should be done.  I seriously don't believe that Taggart changed the offensive system just because he felt like it needed to be changed.  For two years he said that the system will work, it just takes time.

Then Harlan shows up and says this:

"I think Coach Taggart is a good, young football coach who has got a great passion for this game, and he knows how to recruit to this program," Harlan said. "And we're just going to work together to put out a product next year that folks are going to be excited about."

Suddenly Taggart goes away from the system he insisted for several years was the only way to go.  Coincidence?  I think not.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What I find most interesting of all is that Taggart seems interested in naming a starter now for the fall. He's always dragged things out before, especially at QB.

Certainly Harlan doesn't have time to micro manage every decision. But unlike how it used to be at USF, I think it is clear that Harlan is the boss. Harlan has every right to have a football coach that does things the way Harlan believes they should be done. I seriously don't believe that Taggart changed the offensive system just because he felt like it needed to be changed. For two years he said that the system will work, it just takes time.

"I think Coach Taggart is a good, young football coach who has got a great passion for this game, and he knows how to recruit to this program," Harlan said. "And we're just going to work together to put out a product next year that folks are going to be excited about."

Suddenly Taggart goes away from the system he insisted for several years was the only way to go. Coincidence? I think not.

Or Harlan told him to fix this putrid offense and CWT talked to people that he trusts and they said he needs more spread principles.

But since CWT is a stupid guy it must have come from Harlan

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

What I find most interesting of all is that Taggart seems interested in naming a starter now for the fall. He's always dragged things out before, especially at QB.

Certainly Harlan doesn't have time to micro manage every decision. But unlike how it used to be at USF, I think it is clear that Harlan is the boss. Harlan has every right to have a football coach that does things the way Harlan believes they should be done. I seriously don't believe that Taggart changed the offensive system just because he felt like it needed to be changed. For two years he said that the system will work, it just takes time.

Suddenly Taggart goes away from the system he insisted for several years was the only way to go. Coincidence? I think not.

Or Harlan told him to fix this putrid offense and CWT talked to people that he trusts and they said he needs more spread principles.

Stupid? No.  Stubborn?  Hmmmmmmm.

Stupid? No.  Stubborn?  Hmmmmmmm.

Agreed.  Clearly not stupid.