• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White given release from USF football, will transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart inherited one of the worst QB situations in D1. He recruited MW his first year QF (a highly regarded recruit)his 2nd yr and BK this year. So he is working on upgrading the position.

MW was given every opportunity to lead this football team and never got it over the top,he showed some flashes but never developed consistency and I believe it had to do more with his mental toughness and athletic ability than anything else. CWT said many times he needs a QB who get him a few 1st downs with his feet. Also he commented many times that he needed MW to show that leadership fire. His performance in the Cincy game domed him.

Him leaving was the best possible solution for him and USF. He is a class kid and I wish him the best.

IMO he would not have recruited QF if was not planning to make some changes to the offence. Don't forget last year Flowers was a true freshmen trying to run an offence that is exactly opposite to way he plays. There is no doubt he is the stater this year and it will be the first time since CWT has been here that a stater will be named heading into summer camp and that should make a huge difference heading into the season. SB is a solid backup and I don't think he leaves knowing he is one play from being the starter.

I was a little concerned about the stats from the spring game but from listening to the broadcast it seems the wind was terrible that day. Also having a full camp with him as the starter will be huge positive. I'm expecting much improved play from the QB position this year.

I believe you need as much time as possible to prepare your starting QB so the faster he names A stater the better prepared he will be.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

What I find most interesting of all is that Taggart seems interested in naming a starter now for the fall.  He's always dragged things out before, especially at QB. 

Either he got some inklings that the QBs on his roster wanted to know, or Harlan told him he needs to stop the foolishness. 

Or he saw how well it worked the first two years so he's going to maybe try something different .... Hopefully Harlan has nothing to do with decisions like that.

Or, he has no sincere intent to name the starter until he's really really ready, and he's saying things like this to placate the :angrymob:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Naming a starter now or later won't matter if Taggart gets trigger happy and pulls him in the 3rd quarter against FAMU because he's struggling...

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Food for Thought:

If Harlan is involved...

Un-named QB after Spring FB = Unstable Program-Offense/Indecisive Coach/Future is on unstable ground

Named QB = Stable Program/Decisive coach/Bright future = more season tickets purchased.

It would not surprise me if Harlan and Taggart did not have a conversation and requested Taggart name a QB.  QBs can always be replaced.  This programs history is such i.e. MBlackwell, MGrothe, and BJDaniels. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

IMO he would not have recruited QF if was not planning to make some changes to the offence. 

I disagree.  If that were the case the offense would have changed last year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the fact that if White is gone, this gives more pressure for Taggart to not name a starter now, or for him to name Bench the starter to placate him from leaving as well.  Losing Bench and White wouldn't be good especially since Kean is the only other scholarship qb we would have and he isn't here yet.  Taggart should have brought in another.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the fact that if White is gone, this gives more pressure for Taggart to not name a starter now, or for him to name Bench the starter to placate him from leaving as well. Losing Bench and White wouldn't be good especially since Kean is the only other scholarship qb we would have and he isn't here yet. Taggart should have brought in another.

+1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the fact that if White is gone, this gives more pressure for Taggart to not name a starter now, or for him to name Bench the starter to placate him from leaving as well. Losing Bench and White wouldn't be good especially since Kean is the only other scholarship qb we would have and he isn't here yet. Taggart should have brought in another.

+1

Evan Wilson...Cinderella Story.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

+1

You better believe CWT would convert him back in a heartbeat if his options evaporated.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

+1
You better believe CWT would convert him back in a heartbeat if his options evaporated.
I believe some on here reported last year that Evan Wilson was a pure pocket passer That wouldn't fit the new offense