• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White given release from USF football, will transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Headed to LaTech?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Sad thing is his first start was maybe his best complete game.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Good kid put in a bad spot. Very few people could have excelled in the same situation. No need to pile on now - hope he does well in the future (just not that well).

Edited by WWMJD
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Mike got a raw deal. Hope he picks up baseball again at his new school.

how did he get a raw deal?

he was handed the starter's job

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Mike got a raw deal. Hope he picks up baseball again at his new school.

how did he get a raw deal?

he was handed the starter's job

CWT burned the kids redshirt in the 8th game of the season his freshman year.....the EIGHTH GAME...He should be going into his soph year right now.

I dont think he was "handed" the starting job. He earned it.

Anyway, throw in the change of offense instead of building an offense to suit his skills (good deep ball, good decision maker in shotgun and multiple wr's) as I believe would have happened with Holtz...and I think its safe to say he got a raw deal

I'm a Tampa transplant of 5 years now and like to support local teams but I'm done with USF football for a bit. I dont think taggert knows what he's doing and was only "successful" at WKU (2-10, 7-5, 7-5) because of Bobby Rainey and Antonio Andrews.

I get his move to Flowers though at this point. He HAS to have a mobile qb in hopes that when those terribly simplistic, little league, non-multi level passing schemes (with only 2 wr's and 1 TE on routes) fail, the only hope to save his job is having someone who can extend the play and get positive yards.

Best of luck to all you Bulls fan. Much respect to those of you sticking it out during these times.

Edited by bullybull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Headed to LaTech?

Why? Holtz never even offered him a scholarship. CWT was the one who discovered him and got him to commit.

Word on the street (other sites) is Bench will transfer if Flowers is named starting QB.

He's a senior and he's already sat out a season... it would have to be to an FCS program or - perhaps - he could find a graduate program USF doesn't offer to be a grad student transfer.

My guess is he won't be transferring.

W season did he sit out? 

He hasn't. Should have a redshirt available ...

I stand corrected. I forgot he was a true freshman at Penn State before he transferred here.   He has two years left to play one.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Headed to LaTech?

Why? Holtz never even offered him a scholarship. CWT was the one who discovered him and got him to commit.

Actually it was Todd Fitch. Thats why Taggert was able to sign him so quickly and he was among the 1st. He was already in place, they just hadnt officially offered (his Senior year in HS was still going)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Headed to LaTech?

Actually it was Todd Fitch. Thats why Taggert was able to sign him so quickly and he was among the 1st. He was already in place, they just hadnt officially offered (his Senior year in HS was still going)

Nope. It has been discussed here plenty of times. Holtz did zero to get him to USF that could have possibly paved the way for CWT to make the signing.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

Anyways. If the type of offense would have worked here Mike White was a good fit. He is now no longer a fit in spread type offense.  We would have to keep changing the offense up everytime he would come into the game. This is a good move by Taggart.