• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White given release from USF football, will transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart can't allow Bench to leave.  He just can't.  

You realize Bench is a senior who already transferred when he came here.  If he did again, it would be to an FCS team or he'd no longer be eligible.  He literally has 1 year left.  I'm not sure why you think he would transfer but I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere.  Especially since he graduates in December.  

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You realize Bench is a senior who already transferred when he came here.  If he did again, it would be to an FCS team or he'd no longer be eligible.  He literally has 1 year left.  I'm not sure why you think he would transfer but I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere.  Especially since he graduates in December.  

And you realize he has a redshirt available he could take and sit out a year OR finish his degree this Spring and be eligible immediately.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Headed to LaTech?

Why? Holtz never even offered him a scholarship. CWT was the one who discovered him and got him to commit.

Actually it was Todd Fitch. Thats why Taggert was able to sign him so quickly and he was among the 1st. He was already in place, they just hadnt officially offered (his Senior year in HS was still going)

Nope. It has been discussed here plenty of times. Holtz did zero to get him to USF that could have possibly paved the way for CWT to make the signing.

:D

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He has not used his redshirt year.  He could sit out a year and have one year left.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He has not used his redshirt year.  He could sit out a year and have one year left.

What was that you were asking me to realize again, USF2011Grad?  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Mike got a raw deal. Hope he picks up baseball again at his new school.

how did he get a raw deal?

he was handed the starter's job

Exactly, Mike White got more from USF than he ever gave back to us.  Most Div 1 QB's don't see a meaningful snap until they been with the team for 2-3 (blood, sweat) years minimum.  He was a True Freshman and he's getting invaluable playing time at a major Div 1 football program.  No Raw Deal Here.  Football players transfer all the time.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Was never sold on him as being our QB of the future like some on here. After his first game against Houston, way too many people jumped the gun on this kid. Wish him luck, but he was given ever chance to succeed here but he never took off.

What irks me most is how White took snaps from Bench all those games. Such a sham.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Was never sold on him as being our QB of the future like some on here. After his first game against Houston, way too many people jumped the gun on this kid. Wish him luck, but he was given ever chance to succeed here but he never took off.

What irks me most is how White took snaps from Bench all those games. Such a sham.

Your ire for the bold part is directed at CWT, right?  Not MW ... 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Wow. I wish him the best of luck at either fau or fiu (whichever he decides to attend).

But really he can't stand a little competition? Mikey kind of looks like a primadonna.

Or he knew it wasn't going to be a real competition, and didn't think he'd get a fair shake, if Taggart was wed to Flowers. Who knows, but he's 19...he gets to decide what's best for him.

Same could be said for Bench last year. Flowers could be the starter with the true Fr being the only remaining QB on the roster. When QBs feel that the coach either doesn't want them or won't be playing them they tend to want to transfer. So Flowers better be THAT good. As for White going to FIU, I doubt it. McGough started there as a true Fr last year and should start again this year. But ya never know. Don't know the QB situation at FAU.

Their qb was their leading rusher with around 900 rushing yards. Didnt throw the ball much. So im assuming fau wont work either unless they changed their scheme