• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Spring Practice Reports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I will give my break down of each positional grouping from what I viewed. As we know this team is going to have to rely on its stellar defense and awesome running backs.

Offensive line. D rating. Very few bright spots here but it looks like there strength right now is run blocks. Clavion Nelson looks huge out there. The way drills are being carried out by coach danny hope I like what he is doing. I captured several short videos where he is walking between two groups of linemen and calling plays constantly. Everyone on the team is getting pushed hard. Mathies is on the flip side trying to get his linemen to work as a unit as well.

Defensive line. B+. I think this is a way above average unit for division one. Eric Lee is the leader of the group and this year he looks like teenage mutant ninja turtle and by that I mean he is ripped. He's also fast and well conditioned. Eric Mayes is looking like he will need a redshirt year to be ready to play, he's been away too long. Bronson however is a force and I thought he should of played last year. Everyone in this unit has got to be happy with the change to 4 down linemen. Vincent Jackson and Josh Black are trying to figure out the De position still and there role is a little unclear IMO. #93 Daniel Awoleke is practicing again but boy does he look good out there. He swatted down a Bench or Mike White pass and he seemed like a very skilled pass rusher. I thought he had gotten kicked off the team for a gun charge or something. DT position looks good as long as we don't have injuries.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Thx bullrider. That looked to be on pace for an Oregon type hurry up from one play to the next.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Running backs. Gotta give them a B+. Marlon Mack looks good in this offense and we know Darius Tice and D. Johnson are great as well. We have the makings of a 3 headed snake.

Linebackers. I think this is a B+. Nigel Harris looks unstoppable in this defense. He's free to go beat up on Z receivers as well as spy on the running game. Sanchez looks experienced in this defense as well. I think the football IQ and confidence keeps these two on the field more often than not. Rising Jimmy Bayes is impressive as well in what little I've seen. He just gets it, but he's building up his confidence in his duties at stinger. Tashon Whitehurst is getting a lot of reps as well. This is a equal match between Rbs and Lbs.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for your recap.

Interested in what you think about qb and receivers.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=pCWneIAR0yg

This one is for you Bench fans.

Wait... Whaaaat???? Did we just run something that looked like an offense built for Florida speed??? Thankfulky I'm on the can writing this... Could have got messy

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Bench for Heisman!

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Mobile version dose not work for desktop version... Is this the video?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

For me, link doesn't go to a specific video. Just YouTube main page ...