• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soooooo....... Is the Miami Beach Bowl our top bowl tie-in?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

who cares? playoffs are all that matter. the rest are a glorified scrimmage in a neutral city. sure they get the extra practice but the game itself is worthless. I'd rather go to a top notch roadie like Wisconsin than to any bowl game with the exception of a playoff game.

I never understand wtf you are talking about

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Bowl games are going away except for maybe 10 to 12 of them. There are 36 now. In the old days there was usually some weird mathematical formula that said if you win your bowl and the othes above you lose, there's a chance the natty champ could come from any of the top 5 bowl games. Now it's all pre determined and if you're not in the playoff there no chance you can win it all. This sucks. I miss the days of split champs and controversy.

1. There are 39.

2. They aren't going anywhere as long as they make money.

There's for sure a 40th bowl next season (Cure Bowl in Orlando) and talks of a Christmas Bowl in Los Angeles.  With how decrepit Legion Field is in Birmingham, and lack of a sponsor for this years game that bowl may be axed

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

who cares? playoffs are all that matter. the rest are a glorified scrimmage in a neutral city. sure they get the extra practice but the game itself is worthless. I'd rather go to a top notch roadie like Wisconsin than to any bowl game with the exception of a playoff game.

I don't know how I could explain it any easier. sorry

maybe there is someone there with you that can help you

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I don't think many USF fans would be upset or find it boring playing the Gators this year in Bham like ECU is.  Just keeping it real

Dont think we will ever see the Gators play in the Bham bowl again in our lifetimes lol. Bham Bowl may be gone if they tear down that stadium. UAB has no more football and they really dont use that old stadium anymore. Bama now plays most if not all their home games in Tuscalossa. 

"Bama does play all games in Tuscaloosa, guess which team was the last to play them in B'ham.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

The bowls honestly all seem about equal this year. Opponents are 4 middling P5 teams and BYU. That changes next year though. Looking at future AAC bowls it seems like it seems like the odd years have worse bowl tie ins. Next season there are 6 bowl tie ins, but they are 1 SEC, 1 ACC, 1 MWC, 1 MAC, and 2 CUSA opponents. So if you aren't in Birmingham or Annapolis then you are playing a G5 team. In 2016 we play an SEC, Big12, and 2 ACCs, so similar to this year.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

We'll be at ANY bowl the BULLS are invited to.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I don't know how I could explain it any easier. sorry

maybe there is someone there with you that can help you

Apology accepted.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

The nerve of some of you to complain about bowl tie ins when we havent been in 4 years.

How about we get into a bowl before we whine about it?

Personally, I would take any bowl game. Extra practices and being on display at the end of the year is great no matter who or where you play.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Every game we have ever played has been a glorified scrimmage and worthless by that logic. So if we aren't playing in the playoff the games don't matter? I don't know what delusion you are under, but USF is not a national championship contender. Bowls are a reward for the team and fans. You would rather play Wisconsin on the road to start out the year than in a new years day access bowl?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Bowl games are expanding not going to decrease, Next season AAC will have 7 bowl ties not 6 like this year.  ( Cure Bowl in Orlando) starts next season.  Features AAC team vs Sun Belt team

Edited by Dhambuc