• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soooooo....... Is the Miami Beach Bowl our top bowl tie-in?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Wow, both USF and Kansas have really fallen on hard times since 2007.

Looking from 2004 - 2014 Texas Tech, Kansas and USF have not fared so well since they fired their coaches for poor handling of student athletes.
  • Texas Tech averaged 9 wins per season before firing Mike Leach. After Mike Leach 6 wins per season.
  • Kansas averaged 7 wins per season before firing Mike Mangino. After Mangino 2 wins per season.
  • USF averaged 7 wins per season before firing Jim Leavitt. After Leavitt 4 wins per season.
UCF chose not to fire O'Leary in the 2008 season when Ereck Plancher died during an off-season workout. UCF has averaged 9 wins per season since that time.

Rather win with integrity.

Thing is we are not winning. This ain't no church, give me any of those coaches that got fired any day.
No, it's a university, a place to learn. It's not there to win at any cost just to win. I mean come on people. It's a game.
There is doing it the right way and then ignoring opportunities. Some act like we are Jesus University. We could do more.
And there's doing the wrong thing, which you seem to advocate. Learning how to cope and how to get out of adverse situations are valuable life lessons.

Not advocating that at all but dont want eyes closed for opportunties that could come available. I am sure WSU is doing it the right way AND hiring Leetch.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Looking from 2004 - 2014 Texas Tech, Kansas and USF have not fared so well since they fired their coaches for poor handling of student athletes.
  • Texas Tech averaged 9 wins per season before firing Mike Leach. After Mike Leach 6 wins per season.
  • Kansas averaged 7 wins per season before firing Mike Mangino. After Mangino 2 wins per season.
  • USF averaged 7 wins per season before firing Jim Leavitt. After Leavitt 4 wins per season.
UCF chose not to fire O'Leary in the 2008 season when Ereck Plancher died during an off-season workout. UCF has averaged 9 wins per season since that time.

Thing is we are not winning. This ain't no church, give me any of those coaches that got fired any day.
No, it's a university, a place to learn. It's not there to win at any cost just to win. I mean come on people. It's a game.
There is doing it the right way and then ignoring opportunities. Some act like we are Jesus University. We could do more.
And there's doing the wrong thing, which you seem to advocate. Learning how to cope and how to get out of adverse situations are valuable life lessons.

Not advocating that at all but dont want eyes closed for opportunties that could come available. I am sure WSU is doing it the right way AND hiring Leetch.

For one thing, USF couldn't afford him. Second, he was out of coaching for years after being fired. Do you think it's because he wanted time off or no one would hire him?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wrong. Leach and Holtz had the same contract. There are a lot of reasons he didn't end up here. Money is not one of those reasons.

Edited by JTrue

For one thing, USF couldn't afford him. Second, he was out of coaching for years after being fired. Do you think it's because he wanted time off or no one would hire him?

He was out for two years and was still getting paid so who knows. My point is that the saying "doing it the right way" has many interpretations. I have never heard Bama, Oregon, etc. use that term, yet they appear to keep their nose clean.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Wrong. Leach and Holtz had the same contract. There are a lot of reasons he didn't end up here. Money is not one of those reasons.

Sure it isn't, sure.

Sure it isn't, sure.

They can't read your post too much glare from their championship rings.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Sure it isn't, sure.

Obviously, the main reason he didn't was because he was waiting on SMU to call. SMU is the school that only hires P5 head coaches, right slick?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

WSU was 3-9 this year in his 3rd year

overall conference record of 7-20

they may be doing it the right way in your opinion but they aren't winning

Edited by Bull94

Yet we would take him here in a heartbeat yet some think it would be doing it the wrong way.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yet we would take him here in a heartbeat yet some think it would be doing it the wrong way.

hes more smoke and mirrors. people think he was a good coach because he was fired so soon after his best year.

he had 4 or more losses 9 out of 10 years at texas Tech

including WSU he has a 54-53 conference record.

he recruited Texas. would not have been a good fit here just as he's not at wsu