• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Fifth guy to start at QB in a little over a season and a half worth of games.  2nd true freshman in two years.  Not Taggart's fault, but our offense is a mess.  

Not Taggart's fault our offense is a mess?  Who else is to blame?  He's been here almost two years and our offense is still among the worst in DI.  Teams with less talent are performing better on offense.  It is CWT's offense and he refuses to let his OC change it.  Two recruiting classes and almost two years to work with these kids, we should be seeing some kind of improvement.   It's all on CWT.

This is really all there is to say.

/thread

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully, the coaches are going to let him be mobile if the pass plays are not there.  I don't remember our program ever being successful with pocket passers.  This is what annoys me about this offense (a lot of motions and pocket passing).  I miss the days of the mobile QB who can run IF the pass play is not there.  Wishful thinking though.   

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

Excited to see what he can do, but worried he either isn't ready or isn't our answer at QB. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I would like to think that it can't get any worse... but we all know that it can. 

Good Luck Wanky!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yikes he has yet I think made a pass for positive yards.

Lets see what we have.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

It's freaking absurd that it's come to this. CWT, you're, or whomever you're trusting, are a joke at evaluating QB talent. Please bring someone in to make up for this inadequacy. Really? In the span of 1 game (+1 bye) Flowers suddenly has proven that he's better than Bench, whom you started last week?

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I don't know what to think.  We're not out of bowl contention yet.  Part of me says, yeah, may as well start QF.  Another part says take the sure win with one of the other guys.  If QF throws a couple of picks in our own territory, it won't matter how bad SMU is because they will win.  Let's hope he's very careful with the ball.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Fifth guy to start at QB in a little over a season and a half worth of games.  2nd true freshman in two years.  Not Taggart's fault, but our offense is a mess.  

Not Taggart's fault our offense is a mess?  Who else is to blame?  He's been here almost two years and our offense is still among the worst in DI.  Teams with less talent are performing better on offense.  It is CWT's offense and he refuses to let his OC change it.  Two recruiting classes and almost two years to work with these kids, we should be seeing some kind of improvement.   It's all on CWT.

meant to say that it is not Taggart's fault he was left with no decent QBs.  I agree that the overall scheme of the offense is a mess and on Taggart.  Just not the QB mess.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

meant to say that it is not Taggart's fault he was left with no decent QBs.  I agree that the overall scheme of the offense is a mess and on Taggart.  Just not the QB mess.

While I agree the QBs on the roster are not his fault, there are far less talented QBs in the NCAA than Bench/White that are at least marginally productive.

• Upvote 1