• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

They're both OOC

Now.

:D

:facepalm:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

Not to argue with anything above, but I think the first win over West Virginia in Morgantown in 2006 is underappreciated.  They were considered to be one of the top teams in the country and their fast breaking offense looked to be unstoppable.  There was no reason to believe USF was going to win that game if you did not follow them.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

and actually at the time we beat both [top 10] UL & WVU, they were household names even if in-conference. Loosen up your criteria, Trip, you're making CSH appear on the level of CJL, which we all know is anathema.

Edited by raptorcj

and actually at the time we beat both [top 10] UL & WVU, they were household names even if in-conference. Loosen up your criteria, Trip, you're making CSH appear on the level of CJL, which we all know is anathema.

It's MY criteria, **** it, and I'll do what I want to with it!  .... Hopefully no one is using this to make CSH appear anywhere close to CJL as far as USF football is concerned. I'd almost guarantee if Jim had been here for those particular marquee games, we still would have won them, but fact is that Skip was the coach and they're his wins.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not to argue with anything above, but I think the first win over West Virginia in Morgantown in 2006 is underappreciated.  They were considered to be one of the top teams in the country and their fast breaking offense looked to be unstoppable.  There was no reason to believe USF was going to win that game if you did not follow them.

I have this on DVD and pull it out when I'm feeling discouraged soemtimes

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Not to argue with anything above, but I think the first win over West Virginia in Morgantown in 2006 is underappreciated. They were considered to be one of the top teams in the country and their fast breaking offense looked to be unstoppable. There was no reason to believe USF was going to win that game if you did not follow them.

Watching it makes me more discouraged. Rembering when we knew what it was like to win

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not to argue with anything above, but I think the first win over West Virginia in Morgantown in 2006 is underappreciated. They were considered to be one of the top teams in the country and their fast breaking offense looked to be unstoppable. There was no reason to believe USF was going to win that game if you did not follow them.

Watching it makes me more discouraged. Rembering when we knew what it was like to win

We'll get back there.

Maybe not back to morgantown, but back to winning.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

+1, I sure hope

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It's MY criteria, **** it, and I'll do what I want to with it! .... Hopefully no one is using this to make CSH appear anywhere close to CJL as far as USF football is concerned. I'd almost guarantee if Jim had been here for those particular marquee games, we still would have won them, but fact is that Skip was the coach and they're his wins.

Then you have to put the win over Pittsburgh in 2001 with MB in there.

It's MY criteria, **** it, and I'll do what I want to with it! .... Hopefully no one is using this to make CSH appear anywhere close to CJL as far as USF football is concerned. I'd almost guarantee if Jim had been here for those particular marquee games, we still would have won them, but fact is that Skip was the coach and they're his wins.

Then you have to put the win over Pittsburgh in 2001 with MB in there.

No, I don't .... Pitt does not have the same panache when it comes to college football as the 5 mentioned.