• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The atmosphere was nonexistant. It was funny to see Sebastian the Ibis try to pump up the handful of fans that were in that stadium.

Glass houses, my friend. Our home game atmosphere is starting to look the same. We need to worry about ourselves before criticizing other programs.

Starting?

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,372
  • Days Won:  43

The atmosphere was nonexistant. It was funny to see Sebastian the Ibis try to pump up the handful of fans that were in that stadium.

Glass houses, my friend. Our home game atmosphere is starting to look the same. We need to worry about ourselves before criticizing other programs.

Starting?

Yeah, it has been like a morgue during the past 4 seasons when USF plays at RJS. That is why I am confident that USF will get that OCS done to change that atmosphere up. Watching the UNC - Charlotte football game and they completed their OCS last season and the atmosphere looks great. They seat about 16K with an option to expand the stadium if needed. USF needs to look long and hard at how Charlotte got that OCS done. It says that the construction cost was only $45Million but at least they are keeping the money on campus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Richardson_Stadium

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Pitt - from Wikipedia

First season 1890

9 claimed national titles

8 unclaimed national titles

1 Heisman winner

50 consensus All Americans

All of these facts are greater than Clemson. Not to mention they had Wannstedt, a terrible coach, but arguably the greatest mustache in collegiate athletics.

Pitt messed up as a football program when they left their OCS and started sharing the NFL stadium with the Steelers. To me, that is when they started going backwards. They also changed thier uniform colors that helped lose their identity during the Marino years. 

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I was really sick of the 8 and 9 win seasons under leavitt. He plateaued and usf clearly felt that it should be achieving bigger and better things.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Are we still arguing the merits of a coach who took us to 6 consecutive bowl games against one who took us to only 1 bowl game in 3 seasons winning fewer and fewer games each year?

Are we still arguing the merits of a coach who took us to 6 consecutive bowl games against one who took us to only 1 bowl game in 3 seasons winning fewer and fewer games each year?

And dont forget that the recruiting killed us. CWT steps on campus and kills it in recruiting while Holtz thought he didnt have to recruit hard at USF. That is why we are where we are at today. I believe we will be much better in the next few years. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Crying about the past is doing anything to make the situation now better.

Just bringing in the reality of where the program is at thanks to Holtz and his staff. Holtz made the choice to hire DC Cosh. Holtz made bone head calls. Had bad clock management skills. Made players soft by preaching excuses like the weather was the cause of USF losing. He took over a program that went to bowl games year in and year and and ran it into the ground. That may be history but USF must never forget history or it will repeat. That is why we will keep bringing up the past so that you will never forget. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I dunno, I'd argue that it really does NOT do anything to help. Like all the whining about how CSH was better than CWT...you know?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

Holtz won some his first year with CJL's players. His teams got worse not better.