• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Holtz teams sucked just as bad as CWT's teams have so far. Difference is, for me, there was no hope for Holtz. And right now all I have is hope for Taggart teams.

Holtz teams had almost as many marquee wins in a season and a half that Leavitt did in his entire career.
Really? Notre Dame and who. 6-6 Clemson

FSU. Ranked WVu Bowlimg GreenAuburn ranked Louisville. Teams like Pitt with MB. I could go on

Miami, UL away, Rutgers. Teams that The Jim had problems beating.

you talked about the marquee wins of Skip.   Skip lost to Syracuse at home, loss to non BSC schools  I never said Jim didn't have losses, I was replying to your statement that Skip had marquee wins.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Holtz teams sucked just as bad as CWT's teams have so far. Difference is, for me, there was no hope for Holtz. And right now all I have is hope for Taggart teams.

Holtz teams had almost as many marquee wins in a season and a half that Leavitt did in his entire career.

FSU. Ranked WVu Bowlimg GreenAuburn ranked Louisville. Teams like Pitt with MB. I could go on

Wow.. bad attempt to divert the topic being discussed when you were clearly proven wrong

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ and that's an obstacle for Slick how?

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

you talked about the marquee wins of Skip.   Skip lost to Syracuse at home, loss to non BSC schools  I never said Jim didn't have losses, I was replying to your statement that Skip had marquee wins.

I was talking wins, not loses. There were plenty of those mid season before Holtz arrived. And bringing up the FSU team that USF beat, they ended their regular season just like Clemson, 6-6. How a FSU 6-6 is better than a Clemson 6-6 seems to only be decided on who was coaching USF. And USF was always flummoxed by Rutgers and UL away as well as Miami under CJL in The Big East. So in the grand scheme of things, because not one coach has ever ended the season with a ranked team, Holtz had some big wins while he was here in that short time. Or at least if CJL achieved them, they'd be considered bigger than average wins. And no one is denying the losses, just like no one is denying CJL's mid season collapses.

I was talking wins, not loses. There were plenty of those mid season before Holtz arrived. And bringing up the FSU team that USF beat, they ended their regular season just like Clemson, 6-6. How a FSU 6-6 is better than a Clemson 6-6 seems to only be decided on who was coaching USF. And USF was always flummoxed by Rutgers and UL away as well as Miami under CJL in The Big East. So in the grand scheme of things, because not one coach has ever ended the season with a ranked team, Holtz had some big wins while he was here in that short time. Or at least if CJL achieved them, they'd be considered bigger than average wins. And no one is denying the losses, just like no one is denying CJL's mid season collapses.

Who are Holtz big wins???

Clemson was on a neutral site and FSU was at their house- seems like a better win to me.

Clemson was on a neutral site and FSU was at their house- seems like a better win to me.

Sure it was neutral, LOL.

Meineke+Car+Care+Bowl+South+Florida+v+Cl

Sure it was neutral, LOL.

Meineke+Car+Care+Bowl+South+Florida+v+Cl

IT was not their house, can I help it if our fans don't go to bowl games??????  the place was certainly not a sell out and they (Clemson) sold their tickets for $5.00.  We were at App Ski Mountain in NC the week  prior to the game and talked with a lot of their fans- their fans sounded like we do on here right now.  you can spin it how you like but we beat them when their QB was- Taj Boyd a  freshman and the over rated D'aquan Bowers.    Oh and by the way, we gave up a huge lead in that game and could have very well lost that game.

We were in the lower bowl with no Clemson fans anywhere near us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now if you are talking about the first bowl in Charlotte, there were very few Bulls there and we were surrounded by a sea of NC State fans

Sure it was neutral, LOL.Meineke+Car+Care+Bowl+South+Florida+v+Cl

IT was not their house, can I help it if our fans don't go to bowl games??????  the place was certainly not a sell out and they (Clemson) sold their tickets for $5.00.  We were at App Ski Mountain in NC the week  prior to the game and talked with a lot of their fans- their fans sounded like we do on here right now.  you can spin it how you like but we beat them when their QB was- Taj Boyd a  freshman and the over rated D'aquan Bowers.    Oh and by the way, we gave up a huge lead in that game and could have very well lost that game.

We were in the lower bowl with no Clemson fans anywhere near us.

Was Notre Dame their house? Papa John Stadium? Sun life Stadium? Those were away wins coached by Holtz. And I've been to neutral site games for the ACC. Their fans outnumber the other fans and create a home field like advantage.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, this is nuts. I typed something insulting as a response to this post, then erased it. I'm gonna play nice on the interweb.