• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Watching ucf now i will say this....Perriman, Hall and Worton would not have let them balls be intercepted....they go up and fight for the ball, they come back to help when the qb is in trouble, they block....none, and yes i said none of our receivers do that

Our receivers are weak. I think it's the coaching.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Steven Bench can get Taggart fired, next season.  Bench won't be here so during Taggart's third and most crucial year, he better have White (or some young or transfer stud) producing big time or he will get canned.  Taggart has no motivation to give meaningful reps to Bench.

That being said, White could look A LOT better if receivers could either A - catch the ball, B - run under the ball and fight for the ball, and C - stay on there feet after they catch the ball.  We are seeing way too many drops.  White looked plain sleepy out there on the field and he deserved to get pulled when he did.

We need to be seeing a lot more of Ryeshene Bronson on the opposite side of field of Davis.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Why won't Bench be here next year?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

It's a fair question.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, Bench is only a Junior.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, Bench is only a Junior.

A Junior as far as eligibility. When does he have enough credits for his degree? Grad students can transfer without sitting.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Caught a little of the Stanford game yesterday and watched Hogan run and score a TD.  He wasn't overly fast but he had good wheels and can run.  Even the immortal Andrew Luck could run.  What this offense needs is QB who can run and that is not White.

Play Bench, at least he can run which opens up a lot more options and makes the defense respect one more running threat and he showed he can throw when needed.  He might not be the best QB, but he's seviceable until we can get someone truly suited to this offense.

I believe that is why Taggart recruited Flowers.  He just can't throw and is apparently behind the learning curve

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Played much better then white

Cincinatti played prevent defense for most of the 2nd half.  I could have played better than White when they did that.

Take away the blown coverage TD, which left Adams wide open, and Bench was not "much" better.  (Without that 67 yard TD, White was 8 of 13 for 80 yards... Take away Davis' TD on a slant route - the only slant pass attempted all night - and it become 7/12 for 43 yards.) 

Bench had 5 drives:

* 5 plays, 16 yards, punt

* 3 plays, -4 yards, punt

* 3 plays, 75 yards, TD because the safety did not rotate over to cover Adams when the CB blitzed

* 2 plays, 46 yards, TD (great return by Tice on a short kick set it up); Davis scored on a slant route

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

I'm not really defending White - just pointing out that your impression from last night does not bear out in the stats.  Bench was not "much better".

You've got to be kidding.  White fumbled more times than Floyd.

The fact that both White and Bench fumbled snaps tells me the Center is doing something wrong... and deserves some of the blame.  White had one fumble that would be "his" fault, and one that was the result of tackling by the DL.

So they don't really count when I evaluate the QB play last night.

That is some pretty extreme apologizing there.  I guess the receivers should have caught those interceptions that White threw terribly also.  You have your receiver one on one, and you throw it the only place the DB can get to it.  Most excellent.

Funny that you mention it..I'll give White blame for the first INT, it was under thrown, BUT I think most wide receivers would understand that they need to fight for that ball. He just let the defender go up and grab it.

He stumbled on the 2nd INT, so...

The 2nd INT wasn't too bad of a throw, he just needed to get a little more air under it and let the receiver go get it.

The apologies continue.  I don't recall Floyd getting the benefit of the doubt, and he had far, far less bad quarters than White has had.

Double standard?  Oh yeah.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Floyd was a Holtz recruit. White is CWT's boy.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Caught a little of the Stanford game yesterday and watched Hogan run and score a TD.  He wasn't overly fast but he had good wheels and can run.  Even the immortal Andrew Luck could run.  What this offense needs is QB who can run and that is not White.

Play Bench, at least he can run which opens up a lot more options and makes the defense respect one more running threat and he showed he can throw when needed.  He might not be the best QB, but he's seviceable until we can get someone truly suited to this offense.

I believe that is why Taggart recruited Flowers.  He just can't throw and is apparently behind the learning curve

Like playing a RB that can't run....just doesn't make sense trying to fit a square peg in a round hole but at this point he's probably our best option.  Let's at least see what he can do with extended playing time.