• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Mike is hardly ever in the game. Bench is more productive when he is in. It's like night and day and always has been.

Gismo you are preaching to the choir here.  Preach it!   If White comes in next week, there will be a lot of Booooo's coming from the stands.   ZBull and I will.

As much as I want to Bench get a shot I'm not booing Mike White.  Now, if you are booing Tags.......................

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

This wouldn't have even been an issue if we had signed Ironside. :D

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

I was hoping that Steven Bench to start next week since I think he has high IQ and good quick release.. The reason ex New England offense coach Bill O'Brien liked him while they were at PSU..

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

USF needs all the help at QB it can get. I don't see how a state AAAAAA offensive player of the year could hurt. And unlike White,,played more than his senior year, is 22-3 at the highest level in GA.

Edited by slick1ru2

Played much better then white

Cincinatti played prevent defense for most of the 2nd half.  I could have played better than White when they did that.

Take away the blown coverage TD, which left Adams wide open, and Bench was not "much" better.  (Without that 67 yard TD, White was 8 of 13 for 80 yards... Take away Davis' TD on a slant route - the only slant pass attempted all night - and it become 7/12 for 43 yards.) 

Bench had 5 drives:

* 5 plays, 16 yards, punt

* 3 plays, -4 yards, punt

* 3 plays, 75 yards, TD because the safety did not rotate over to cover Adams when the CB blitzed

* 2 plays, 46 yards, TD (great return by Tice on a short kick set it up); Davis scored on a slant route

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

I'm not really defending White - just pointing out that your impression from last night does not bear out in the stats.  Bench was not "much better".

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Played much better then white

Cincinatti played prevent defense for most of the 2nd half.  I could have played better than White when they did that.

Take away the blown coverage TD, which left Adams wide open, and Bench was not "much" better.  (Without that 67 yard TD, White was 8 of 13 for 80 yards... Take away Davis' TD on a slant route - the only slant pass attempted all night - and it become 7/12 for 43 yards.) 

Bench had 5 drives:

* 5 plays, 16 yards, punt

* 3 plays, -4 yards, punt

* 3 plays, 75 yards, TD because the safety did not rotate over to cover Adams when the CB blitzed

* 2 plays, 46 yards, TD (great return by Tice on a short kick set it up); Davis scored on a slant route

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

I'm not really defending White - just pointing out that your impression from last night does not bear out in the stats.  Bench was not "much better".

You've got to be kidding.  White fumbled more times than Floyd.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

USF needs all the help at QB it can get. I don't see how a state AAAAAA offensive player of the year could hurt. And unlike White,,played more than his senior year, is 22-3 at the highest level in GA.

White is unlike White too since we've beaten this whole one year of football thing to death and disproved it multiple times.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Edited by JTrue