• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That's not technically true either since he started I've game his junior year. But either way, you can't have only played one year if you have junior year stats.

His Junior year he played in 5 games and attempted 11 passes.   Was he running the Wishbone?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That's not technically true either since he started I've game his junior year. But either way, you can't have only played one year if you have junior year stats.

His Junior year he played in 5 games and attempted 11 passes. Was he running the Wishbone?

Thought I read he had a start or two junior year, but can't confirm other than seeing those same stats.

Played much better then white

Cincinatti played prevent defense for most of the 2nd half.  I could have played better than White when they did that.

Take away the blown coverage TD, which left Adams wide open, and Bench was not "much" better.  (Without that 67 yard TD, White was 8 of 13 for 80 yards... Take away Davis' TD on a slant route - the only slant pass attempted all night - and it become 7/12 for 43 yards.) 

Bench had 5 drives:

* 5 plays, 16 yards, punt

* 3 plays, -4 yards, punt

* 3 plays, 75 yards, TD because the safety did not rotate over to cover Adams when the CB blitzed

* 2 plays, 46 yards, TD (great return by Tice on a short kick set it up); Davis scored on a slant route

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

I'm not really defending White - just pointing out that your impression from last night does not bear out in the stats.  Bench was not "much better".

You've got to be kidding.  White fumbled more times than Floyd.

The fact that both White and Bench fumbled snaps tells me the Center is doing something wrong... and deserves some of the blame.  White had one fumble that would be "his" fault, and one that was the result of tackling by the DL.

So they don't really count when I evaluate the QB play last night.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Cincinatti played prevent defense for most of the 2nd half.  I could have played better than White when they did that.

Take away the blown coverage TD, which left Adams wide open, and Bench was not "much" better.  (Without that 67 yard TD, White was 8 of 13 for 80 yards... Take away Davis' TD on a slant route - the only slant pass attempted all night - and it become 7/12 for 43 yards.) 

Bench had 5 drives:

* 3 plays, 75 yards, TD because the safety did not rotate over to cover Adams when the CB blitzed

* 2 plays, 46 yards, TD (great return by Tice on a short kick set it up); Davis scored on a slant route

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

I'm not really defending White - just pointing out that your impression from last night does not bear out in the stats.  Bench was not "much better".

The fact that both White and Bench fumbled snaps tells me the Center is doing something wrong... and deserves some of the blame.  White had one fumble that would be "his" fault, and one that was the result of tackling by the DL.

That is some pretty extreme apologizing there.  I guess the receivers should have caught those interceptions that White threw terribly also.  You have your receiver one on one, and you throw it the only place the DB can get to it.  Most excellent.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Bench had 5 drives:

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

So they don't really count when I evaluate the QB play last night

Everything counts in large amounts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXADH_spOY

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Bench had 5 drives:

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

That is some pretty extreme apologizing there.  I guess the receivers should have caught those interceptions that White threw terribly also.  You have your receiver one on one, and you throw it the only place the DB can get to it.  Most excellent.

Funny that you mention it..I'll give White blame for the first INT, it was under thrown, BUT I think most wide receivers would understand that they need to fight for that ball. He just let the defender go up and grab it.

He stumbled on the 2nd INT, so...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Bench had 5 drives:

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

It looked like the center was hitting them right in their hands. Not sure if he is putting too much zip on the snaps or what. QB's have to be able to handle the snap when it hits their hands. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

Watching ucf now i will say this....Perriman, Hall and Worton would not have let them balls be intercepted....they go up and fight for the ball, they come back to help when the qb is in trouble, they block....none, and yes i said none of our receivers do that

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

Bench had 5 drives:

* 6 plays, 5 yards, punt

Funny that you mention it..I'll give White blame for the first INT, it was under thrown, BUT I think most wide receivers would understand that they need to fight for that ball. He just let the defender go up and grab it.

He stumbled on the 2nd INT, so...

The 2nd INT wasn't too bad of a throw, he just needed to get a little more air under it and let the receiver go get it.

Edited by Bulls2k