• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lose 49-17 and complete 5 passes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I had no idea it was even possible to lose by 32 points and only complete 5 passes. That's gotta be a record. This should be top 5 on worst of the worst for ESPN Sports Nation.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

White wont survive with this o line. Unless we switch to a permanent shotgun air raid style offense where the ball is out in a split second, he doesnt stand a chance.

The o-line is skips recruits and we dont have the depth to take them out. I prefer flowers simply because ive seen enough of bench to know he isnt worth investing in. Give flowers a simple playbook and let it happen.

Who cares at this point

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We have no quarterbacking on this team. The offensive line is garbage.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

But, but 47 guys set new personal highs in lifting this year.  A bunch of us said at that time that meant diddly.  Unfortunately we were right.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

But, but 47 guys set new personal highs in lifting this year.  A bunch of us said at that time that meant diddly.  Unfortunately we were right.

Be patient, I've been repeatedly told it's going to take 7 years for CWT to drive the Holtz out of this team and get his own recruits in.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Be patient, I've been repeatedly told it's going to take 7 years for CWT to drive the Holtz out of this team and get his own recruits in.

7 years?  No one is going to be willing to wait 7 years unless they see steady improvement.  So far, I haven't seen any improvement. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

7 years?  No one is going to be willing to wait 7 years unless they see steady improvement.  So far, I haven't seen any improvement. 

He was being sarcastic....as usual

If we don't see improvement by year 3...there is a big problem. We should see SOME improvement this year...I mean...hell we are already 1/2 way to our win total last year...as pathetic as that is. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Ah, I see his sarcasm now.  As for improvement, let's compare last season to this season so far:

Last season - We lost to a good FCS team; This season - We barely beat a bad FCS team

Last season - We lost to a Big 10 team but played them close; This season - We lost to a Big 10 team but played them close

Last season - We lost badly to a FBS team; This season - We lost badly to a FBS team  (Granted this season was to a P5 team, but we lost by more)

The only improvement is in the win column.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If we don't see improvement by year 3...there is a big problem. We should see SOME improvement this year...I mean...hell we are already 1/2 way to our win total last year...as pathetic as that is. 

I'm at a loss to pick out one area in which we are noticeably better this year than last, with the exception of new talent. But recruiting isn't the same as coaching.

We're creating more turnovers, so that's good, I guess. But our DBs look completely lost at times. Our line isn't exactly lighting it up with pressure. We miss too many tackels. On offense, what is there to say? Mack had a career game against a subpar FCS team and thats about it for highlights. We still commit dumb penalties. We still can't pass for ****. Our TEs (supposed to be a focal point of the offense) are MIA. CWT has had an entire Spring, Summer, full season, Spring, summer, and a 1/4 of a another season and the results this morning are a second nominee to the debate over "worst loss in program history."

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I'm at a loss to pick out one area in which we are noticeably better this year than last, with the exception of new talent. But recruiting isn't the same as coaching.

We're creating more turnovers, so that's good, I guess. But our DBs look completely lost at times. Our line isn't exactly lighting it up with pressure. We miss too many tackels. On offense, what is there to say? Mack had a career game against a subpar FCS team and thats about it for highlights. We still commit dumb penalties. We still can't pass for ****. Our TEs (supposed to be a focal point of the offense) are MIA. CWT has had an entire Spring, Summer, full season, Spring, summer, and a 1/4 of a another season and the results this morning are a second nominee to the debate over "worst loss in program history."

I'm with ya. Major red flag that Taggart has had this much time to teach and execute this great "Stanford" offense and it's just been a nightmare. How long does he need? And by how long does he need I don't mean how long does he need to make this offense click on all cylinders and be a really good offense. I understand he needs more than 2 recruiting classes to give him a realistic chance at having that happen and have "his guys" be upper classmen. I mean how long does he need to get the offense to play consistently and average 14-20 points a game and complete more than 5 passes in a blowout? It's just ridiculous.