• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lose 49-17 and complete 5 passes?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Really! Have you compared the actual heights? Bench is easily 3" taller than White. You obviously did not watch the MD game very close. There were at least 6 passes that hit the receivers in the hands and numbers, with no close pass coverage, that our receivers dropped. Please go back and re-watch it.

Bench has as good or better accuracy than White but CWT has not given him even half the chance to prove it. And Bench at least kept us in the game with MD. I believe we only lost by 7, not by 30+. What CWT has against Bench that he doesn't get the practice or playing time that White gets, even though White has proved he can't do the job, I would really like to hear from Willie himself. I am not saying Bench is the team's savior. That can only be determined by giving him as much game and practice time as White has been given and then we will see who the better QB actually is.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

From TBO

ODDS AND ENDS: Friday's game against UConn will be televised on ESPN, the conference announced Monday. ... The Bulls' Sept. 27 game at No. 19 Wisconsin will kick off at noon and be televised by ESPNU or ESPN2, USF confirmed. ... Actual attendance for the N.C. State game was 17,198, according to the Tampa Sports Authority. ... Through three games, the Bulls are ranked 113th nationally in total offense (300.3 ypg) and 100th in total defense (453.3 ypg). ... After being projected for a bowl game by ESPN's Brett McMurphy (Independence) and Mark Schlabach (Military) following the Maryland game, the Bulls failed to make the projections of either this week. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Really! Have you compared the actual heights? Bench is easily 3" taller than White.

Someone better tell USF as the online roster has Bench at 6'2" and White at 6'4".

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

From TBO

ODDS AND ENDS: Friday's game against UConn will be televised on ESPN, the conference announced Monday. ... The Bulls' Sept. 27 game at No. 19 Wisconsin will kick off at noon and be televised by ESPNU or ESPN2, USF confirmed. ... Actual attendance for the N.C. State game was 17,198, according to the Tampa Sports Authority. ... Through three games, the Bulls are ranked 113th nationally in total offense (300.3 ypg) and 100th in total defense (453.3 ypg). ... After being projected for a bowl game by ESPN's Brett McMurphy (Independence) and Mark Schlabach (Military) following the Maryland game, the Bulls failed to make the projections of either this week. 

And if someone polled McMurky now, I'm sure he wouldn't be quite as optimistic. In the shadows, he's still crossing his fingers though...

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

100+ in offense and defense yards...

Coaching.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Really! Have you compared the actual heights? Bench is easily 3" taller than White. You obviously did not watch the MD game very close. There were at least 6 passes that hit the receivers in the hands and numbers, with no close pass coverage, that our receivers dropped. Please go back and re-watch it.

Bench has as good or better accuracy than White but CWT has not given him even half the chance to prove it. And Bench at least kept us in the game with MD. I believe we only lost by 7, not by 30+. What CWT has against Bench that he doesn't get the practice or playing time that White gets, even though White has proved he can't do the job, I would really like to hear from Willie himself. I am not saying Bench is the team's savior. That can only be determined by giving him as much game and practice time as White has been given and then we will see who the better QB actually is.

Although, I'm all for giving Bench more of a chance, there's no way he's 3" taller than White ... he'd be one of the tallest guys on the team.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah, Bench might be taller than Flowers but no way he's taller than White.  I pretty much agree with the rest of the post, though.

Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He lost me at the height comment and I scrolled right past the rest.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think Taggart has to have a short leash on White this week.  He's had two full games as a starter this season and has looked pretty abysmal for  7 of his 8 quarters.  If he doesn't come out and perform in the first quarter this week it should be next man up, Bench.  In all honesty Bench should have started the second half last week..... 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

. You obviously did not watch the MD game very close. There were at least 6 passes that hit the receivers in the hands and numbers, with no close pass coverage, that our receivers dropped. Please go back and re-watch it.

Someone needs to ask Taggart what he has against Bench.  He won't give him half the chances he has given  White,  He may not be a Heisman contender but he sure as heck can't be as bad as White, the deer in the headlights statue