• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students Perspective on the Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

It seems to me that having a game during student rush would be a perfect time to require fraternity/sorority members and prospects to attend the game.

Shows dedication to school spirit and support for the university.  

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096

It seems to me that having a game during student rush would be a perfect time to require fraternity/sorority members and prospects to attend the game.

Shows dedication to school spirit and support for the university.  

Go Bulls!

+1.  I dont get all the rules with Greeks and such, but you would think that a university event would trump all.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Greeks are being retards...

Sounds like they care only about drinking, not about watching the team.

Can't afford to pay for parking? Get that lame ass bull **** out of here! How can they afford the $2,000 a semester it costs to be in a Greek organization but not $10 parking split between the vehicle passengers.

Free bus gets there too early... More dumb bull **** whiney excuse. Do the farts not have friends to meet and tailgate with?

All of the frats can tailgate among themselves and without displaying their letters. You are afraid the kids rushing going to show up and hang out with you tailgating and you'll be suspended? The whole thing sounds totally retarded. You can tell the recruits there is not tailgate and still go and tailgate anyway in a different spot than usual and you won't have them looking for you, don't wear letters, his blend in.

And you can also go to the game and not tailgate and not even worry about it, but Greeks don't care about the game, only the booze.

Greeks can all attend and just don't display letters if that is the only issue.

The university imposes a dead period for Greeks?

I recall my girl friends sorority stuff, some of it seems like such non sense.

I don't hate Greeks, I have good friends from sororities and fraternaties, but for the frats to impose attendance bans on themselves is retarded and if they really cared about football they would find a way to attend.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

And you can also go to the game and not tailgate and not even worry about it,

It just sounds to me like the decision is, if we can't really party / tailgate en masse , no need to go. Which, to a degree, is understandable when you're that age and your focus is the fraternity, not necessarily the game or program itself. Kind of like...I could go, I choose not to.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Do the farts not have friends to meet and tailgate with?

Most don't and I could guess why.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This happened to me when I was a Kappa Sig during 05-08. We tailgated anyway, and went pretty wild with 100+ people at it. Sig Eps came by and took pictures of us. We got fined 1000's as a chapter, and had nationals come down and put us on probation. We almost lost our charter that year.

If Greeks want to go to the football games, they can...but do not tailgate, do not drink, do not wear your letters, and do not gather in groups larger than 3 (otherwise it's seen as a fraternity event)

Going Greek was an amazing opportunity for me, that is still paying dividends to this day. To each their own though.

And it's Fraternity, not frat

You don't call your country a cu...well you know.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This happened to me when I was a Kappa Sig during 05-08. We tailgated anyway, and went pretty wild with 100+ people at it. Sig Eps came by and took pictures of us. We got fined 1000's as a chapter, and had nationals come down and put us on probation. We almost lost our charter that year.

If Greeks want to go to the football games, they can...but do not tailgate, do not drink, do not wear your letters, and do not gather in groups larger than 3 (otherwise it's seen as a fraternity event)

Going Greek was an amazing opportunity for me, that is still paying dividends to this day. To each their own though.

And it's Fraternity, not frat

You don't call your country a cu...well you know.

This is the truth. The Greeks could easily go to the game if they wanted to if they followed the rules above.  It's seems that booze and girls are more important than supporting the team for the biggest home game of the year.  I know several people that went Greek and no way in hell would they miss a game like this, even if it meant no booze or just hanging out with some of their GDI friends.  This almost seems like an organized no show in an attempt to slap the university in the face and attempt to prove a point....Also, with this being a 330 kick you still have plenty of time for booze and girls after the game.  If a recruit comes up to you tell them to go away or just turn around and don't acknowledge them.  There's no reason why the Greek community shouldn't be at this game....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Lol @ the grown men on here who lobby for RJS because they have to have a ******* chair back and won't sit in bleachers but are giving **** to college boys who are on the fence about going to a football game that won't have any booze or chicks.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

Greeks are a waste of space anyway. We are better off without them.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Greeks are a waste of space anyway. We are better off without them.

Amen. Those ************** have absolutely killed the Euro and I'm **** tired of watching the rest of Europe bail them out.

• Upvote 1