• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart had a slow start at WKU as well.  His first year there in 2010, he went 2-10.  Year 2 (2011) started with 4 straight losses (Kentucky, Navy, Indiana State,& Arkansas State) but then went on a 7-1 (only loss was to LSU) streak to finish the 2011 campaign at 7-5.

I trust in CWT and hope he makes the right decisions to help this team move forward. The talent is there, we just need that last push.

Yeah his team WKU team was also blown out by Indiana State a FCS team that was avg at best. 

But it appears his team got better that year and lost 9-42 at LSU….not bad considering the week before Bama the number 2 team in the nation scored 6 points vs LSU.

CWT was given pretty much a avg FCS team and he has it appears this team is on the track for improvement while it would be nice to see quick turnaround and win 8+ games I think we shouldn't expect more than 4-6 wins this year.  QB is a big question mark.  I am not sure White is the answer and if we are going with Flowers yikes this team could really struggle. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Taggart had a slow start at WKU as well.  His first year there in 2010, he went 2-10.  Year 2 (2011) started with 4 straight losses (Kentucky, Navy, Indiana State,& Arkansas State) but then went on a 7-1 (only loss was to LSU) streak to finish the 2011 campaign at 7-5.

I trust in CWT and hope he makes the right decisions to help this team move forward. The talent is there, we just need that last push.

Yeah his team WKU team was also blown out by Indiana State a FCS team that was avg at best. 

But it appears his team got better that year and lost 9-42 at LSU….not bad considering the week before Bama the number 2 team in the nation scored 6 points vs LSU.

CWT was given pretty much a avg FCS team and he has it appears this team is on the track for improvement while it would be nice to see quick turnaround and win 8+ games I think we shouldn't expect more than 4-6 wins this year.  QB is a big question mark.  I am not sure White is the answer and if we are going with Flowers yikes this team could really struggle. 

I think expectations were a little bit high for some on here especially coming off a 2-10 season. I agree that 4-6 wins is what should be expected at this point.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

We will be lucky to win 4 games if QB play does not get better.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

A little scary that we were able to run the ball at will and only squeak out a victory.  You can't expect 275 yards rushing from Mack every week.  What happens to this offense when he only rushes for 150?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart had a slow start at WKU as well. His first year there in 2010, he went 2-10. Year 2 (2011) started with 4 straight losses (Kentucky, Navy, Indiana State,& Arkansas State) but then went on a 7-1 (only loss was to LSU) streak to finish the 2011 campaign at 7-5.

CWT was given pretty much a avg FCS team and he has it appears this team is on the track for improvement while it would be nice to see quick turnaround and win 8+ games I think we shouldn't expect more than 4-6 wins this year. QB is a big question mark. I am not sure White is the answer and if we are going with Flowers yikes this team could really struggle.

I think expectations were a little bit high for some on here especially coming off a 2-10 season. I agree that 4-6 wins is what should be expected at this point.

Expecting better QB play than we saw is not high expectations. It is exactly the expectation that should exist, that we'll have improved QB play from a returning QB after an entire offseason. Well White and Bench just can't seem to get it done despite the offseason to study and practice.

Last year we had an excuse, new system, young new QBs, growing pains etc etc.

Now there is no excuse. The QBs are just bad it seems.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If the freshman are any indication of where this program is headed, we are looking good.

Get Flowers up to speed on the playbook and get his mechanics on par ASAP lol.

Also, we had 9 players on the field playing their first game as USF Bulls last night, NINE. That's nearly an entire side of the ball. Be patient.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

If you're going to drop 50k for something as meaningless as this, why don't you consider throwing me a bone or two next time you throw money around?

We are just now on the upward climb. The team is obviously a lot more conditioned than it used to, a lot stronger (look at the amount of WCU guys who were leaving the game with cramps, we only had like one casualty). And, a lot of them are freshmen. 

Its a new defensive system, so there's going to be some growing pains as they settle in. At least they won, right? 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Was not happy with what I saw overall from the team last night. Had we lost I think everyone would be calling for his head. The W buys him time that I think he needs. Whether or not he is the future remains to be seen, but he is our near future.

That said, the stand-out performance of Mack was a real bright spot, even against a FCS opponent. I'm not even sure its fair to call them a bad FCS opponent -- they played their hearts out last night, their record should improve dramatically.

Point being, we've not had a real star playmaker in a while, if we see something even remotely similar out of Mack in future, perhaps CWT can create and find/recruit others. QB needs to be figured out ASAP.

Another bright spot, we did come back to win instead of fold... 

Edited by Johaan

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

Again, it seemed like USF started going to work somewhere in the second and third quarters. They started out slow and confused, and they ended lethargic. It seemed like, as soon as they got the lead, they turned the jets off and tried to coast. And then as WCU wasn't going to have it, they just kinda coasted to the 36 points. Well, Mack trucked it. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

WCU has been a bad team, I get that. They have been a bad FCS team for some time. That being said, teams pull turnarounds all the time. I am curious as to how they will fare in their conference.

More importantly, we need to be game planning for Maryland, hard.