• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It sounded like Thor was in sling after game could be out for awhile per post game show.

Hope they are wrong

I can confirm seeing him in the sling. Andre Davis wasn't in any type of sling, but he looked like he was favoring his right shoulder after he was yanked out of the game. Davis's body language was the complete opposite of Thor's. Thor was trying to rally his teammates; whereas, Davis was just sitting and stewing on the bench.

Davis has a bruised sternum. Was in paper.

And Davis wasn't stewing, he was in a lot of pain. 

Shadow, I can't believe how I'm agreeing with almost all of your posts today.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Shadow, I can't believe how I'm agreeing with almost all of your posts today.

I can't believe that anyone ever disagrees with any of my posts.  :)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

After coming off the year we had last year and playing an FCS team that has only won 4 games in 3 years and 3 wins were against a terrible division 2 program, sorry, squeaking out a come back win and giving up 31 points is not an inspiring win.

I don't have big expecations for the year. I am hoping for 6-6, but this was a disappointing win. It was a win, but I was looking for a more dominant play from the OL and at least an average (even 50% completion rate) from our QB. He was 9-26. We trailed in Time of Possession something like 37:00 to 23:00. I think our 3rd down conversion rate was poor. This is a team we should have dominated. Getting the win was nice, but there is a lot of underlying concerns.

honestly coming off a 2 -10 team last year, not sure why you would think we would dominate anyone. did you really think the team would instantly go from awful to a well oiled machine?

it's going to take time and recruits. with better QB play last night and Breeze calling the defense that he did in the 3rd quarter than it would have been a dominant win. there are still missing pieces

Mack looks like the real deal.

We played a team that won 3 games all of last year in 1aa. Sadly 2 of those wins were vs Div 2 programs. This team better improve or we may go 1-11

again we were 2-10 last year. we have no business thinking we would dominate anyone. not sure why anyone thought  that this was a quick fix situation.

WCU had TWICE as many first downs, 2X better 3rd down completion %, 2X more passing yards, and almost 2X T.o.P.

How that doesn't sound like anything but going backwards is crazy.

and if the winner was determined by the # of  first downs,  passing yards, or TOP than you might actually have a point.

fact is, even though it was ugly, this is still a better start than last year.

I do have a point. Too bad you're not capable of understanding it.

what's your point? maybe you're not capable of expressing it?

my statement was that we were 2-10 last year (fact). and that this turnaround was not a quick fix so I didn't expect to dominate anyone.

again the score determines who wins and loses. not stats. I think a win is better than a loss when comparing our last 2 home openers. that is progress.

not sure how you think a win is somehow going backwards from a loss. faulty logic.

So by your definition, a 26-28 loss to Alabama is the same thing as a 26-28 loss to All Nuns Catholic and Beauty School ?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

After coming off the year we had last year and playing an FCS team that has only won 4 games in 3 years and 3 wins were against a terrible division 2 program, sorry, squeaking out a come back win and giving up 31 points is not an inspiring win.

I don't have big expecations for the year. I am hoping for 6-6, but this was a disappointing win. It was a win, but I was looking for a more dominant play from the OL and at least an average (even 50% completion rate) from our QB. He was 9-26. We trailed in Time of Possession something like 37:00 to 23:00. I think our 3rd down conversion rate was poor. This is a team we should have dominated. Getting the win was nice, but there is a lot of underlying concerns.

honestly coming off a 2 -10 team last year, not sure why you would think we would dominate anyone. did you really think the team would instantly go from awful to a well oiled machine?

it's going to take time and recruits. with better QB play last night and Breeze calling the defense that he did in the 3rd quarter than it would have been a dominant win. there are still missing pieces

We played a team that won 3 games all of last year in 1aa. Sadly 2 of those wins were vs Div 2 programs. This team better improve or we may go 1-11
again we were 2-10 last year. we have no business thinking we would dominate anyone. not sure why anyone thought that this was a quick fix situation.

How do you not expect to be dominating one of the worst teams that is a division below your level? If that is the case then the only expectation is no more than 1 win. It wasn't an FCS powerhouse. It was a team at the bottom rung of a division one level below us.

if we were at our peak after a total rebuild then yes I would expect a dominant win.

we are 1 game into a season after going 2-10. why would you think we should dominate?

personally I thought the D didn't really play all that inspired until they needed to in the 3rd quarter. they dominated then. the rest was all prevent defense.

offense scored 4 Tds after scoring 11 all of last year. QB play was right about where we left off last year.

again we were 2-10 last year. we have no business thinking we would dominate anyone. not sure why anyone thought  that this was a quick fix situation.

WCU had TWICE as many first downs, 2X better 3rd down completion %, 2X more passing yards, and almost 2X T.o.P.

and if the winner was determined by the # of  first downs,  passing yards, or TOP than you might actually have a point.

my statement was that we were 2-10 last year (fact). and that this turnaround was not a quick fix so I didn't expect to dominate anyone.

again the score determines who wins and loses. not stats. I think a win is better than a loss when comparing our last 2 home openers. that is progress.

not sure how you think a win is somehow going backwards from a loss. faulty logic.

So by your definition, a 26-28 loss to Alabama is the same thing as a 26-28 loss to All Nuns Catholic and Beauty School ?

no by my definition a win vs all nuns is better than a loss to alabama. you see we won this year and lost last year.

you do realize the object is to have more points than your opponent don't you? not more first downs. not more TOP. not better 3rd down completion percentage.

winning is progress.

not sure I understand your logic where you believe a win is somehow going backwards compared to a loss

we won our home opener this year. last year we lost. that's progress.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It sounded like Thor was in sling after game could be out for awhile per post game show.

Hope they are wrong

I can confirm seeing him in the sling. Andre Davis wasn't in any type of sling, but he looked like he was favoring his right shoulder after he was yanked out of the game. Davis's body language was the complete opposite of Thor's. Thor was trying to rally his teammates; whereas, Davis was just sitting and stewing on the bench.

Davis has a bruised sternum. Was in paper.

I stand corrected, thanks.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

no by my definition a win vs all nuns is better than a loss to alabama. you see we won this year and lost last year.

you do realize the object is to have more points than your opponent don't you? not more first downs. not more TOP. not better 3rd down completion percentage.

winning is progress.

not sure I understand your logic where you believe a win is somehow going backwards compared to a loss

It's not the win...it's the play that gives concern that better foes will equate to almost sure losses, IF we continue to play like this.

My WVU wife feels better about her 2014 Mountaineers after playing tight v Bama, losing by 10 than I do, with USF winning.  Why...it's a benchmark for success for the year.  She can expect a wide open offense and respectable D when getting into conference play.  Me?  The exact opposite.

Still, I love the (needed) win.  But most of us know we'll need to get a LOT better is we're to win 4-6 games.

Hated UCF lost to PSU...who do you think looks better at this point?  The team that LOST, sadly.

UCF won the conference and a BCS bowl last year. we were 2-10.

they should look better.

WVU had a better team than us last year. they should look better this year.

UCF also went 0-11 in O'Leary's 2nd year there. it takes time to rebuild a winner

personally I felt that when we played to our potential last night(3rd quarter). WCU couldn't hang with us. we turned a 2 score deficit into a 2 score lead.

prevent allowed them to score 31 points. our offense scored 36. considering we scored 11 TDs all of last year, I'd say that's progress.

Oh and I will take a win anyday over a moral victory.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I am disappointed with how the team looked but like said it's only year 2 of a total rebuild and we have a very young team.

White looked horrible and at one point we were up 30-17 despite playing bad.

I think we can manage 4-6 wins still once qb is figured out.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

again we were 2-10 last year. we have no business thinking we would dominate anyone. not sure why anyone thought that this was a quick fix situation.

and if the winner was determined by the # of first downs, passing yards, or TOP than you might actually have a point.

winning is progress.

Yes we "won" but we were an on sides kick recovery away from possibly losing the game. WCU still had 10 seconds and a timeout. We managed to win by 5 against the worst team in the FCS. My original point is that we are continuing to slide even further down the hole. We are clearly not on the upswing with Tags Team, even though we won we were 27 point favorites http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/matchup/college-football/201408301019/western-carolina-catamounts--south-florida-bulls

Thankfully Mack didn't get injured during the game or it would have been a loss

Edited by Sellular1