• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

UCF won the conference and a BCS bowl last year. we were 2-10.

they should look better.

WVU had a better team than us last year. they should look better this year.

UCF also went 0-11 in O'Leary's 2nd year there. it takes time to rebuild a winner

personally I felt that when we played to our potential last night(3rd quarter). WCU couldn't hang with us. we turned a 2 score deficit into a 2 score lead.

prevent allowed them to score 31 points. our offense scored 36. considering we scored 11 TDs all of last year, I'd say that's progress.

Oh and I will take a win anyday over a moral victory.

No one said anything about moral victories...I love the win, too. Even WVU's head coach was clear that they don't view losses as moral victories.

Last night just doesn't give many hope that we've made substantial improvement.  White's throwing, lack of pressure on D...those things better improve soon, or it may be a while before we win again.

Hopefully CWT can figure this out.  Maybe we pull off V Jackson's redshirt & get him out there.  We didn't get enough pressure most of the game on should be the worst o-line we see all season.

I'm optimistic, as I think this team is more talented than 2013 (losing Lattimore hurts a lot).  So, we'll see what adjustments are made v Maryland.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It sounded like Thor was in sling after game could be out for awhile per post game show.

Hope they are wrong

I can confirm seeing him in the sling. Andre Davis wasn't in any type of sling, but he looked like he was favoring his right shoulder after he was yanked out of the game. Davis's body language was the complete opposite of Thor's. Thor was trying to rally his teammates; whereas, Davis was just sitting and stewing on the bench.

Davis has a bruised sternum. Was in paper.

And Davis wasn't stewing, he was in a lot of pain. 

It sounded like Thor was in sling after game could be out for awhile per post game show.

Hope they are wrong

I can confirm seeing him in the sling. Andre Davis wasn't in any type of sling, but he looked like he was favoring his right shoulder after he was yanked out of the game. Davis's body language was the complete opposite of Thor's. Thor was trying to rally his teammates; whereas, Davis was just sitting and stewing on the bench.

Davis has a bruised sternum. Was in paper.

And Davis wasn't stewing, he was in a lot of pain. 

You stick to your opinion, and I to mine. I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of sulking and stewing in-person.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The team that played the 3rd quarter looked like a good football team. We need that team to play for 4.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

The performance was disappointing, to say the least.

I'm willing to give Willie a pass because it was the first game of the season with a young team. With that said, I can't point to one thing that makes me believe Willie can manage a game or prepare a team for success.

Let's be honest - if it wasn't for the running back USF would have lost.

The running back is part of the team. 

Calling the plays to hand him the ball is what the coaching staff did.

The exceptional blocking by the offense so that the running back only had to make one man miss was what they were taught to do.

Not to mention the recruiting necessary to get said running back to USF. Great offensive coaching by Taggart

You can't expect to beat decent teams with just a running back and absolutely no passing game when your defense gives up 30+ points.

How was the WCU QB able to go 46-66 and throw for 374 yards while USF couldn't even break 200?

You could have all the talent in the world and still lose if you have a bad coach.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,367
  • Days Won:  43

Not sure how it will all play out. But at least CWT is bringing in better recruiting classes than Holtz did. So if it does not work out for CWT at least the next coach will have talent to work with unlike what CWT had when he took the job. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I have to admit I am starting to question what we have in Taggart. Is he much more than a great recruiter.

Let's not forget this was a bad FCS team that was missing several of their starters.

I still question some situational game management that put the game on the line needlessly. Maybe more on the coordinators, but that speaks to me about game preparation.

Losing confidence in Taggart quickly.

Not that it makes it much better, but those guys missing from WCU were all reserves except one.

Yes, the reserves that go in when the starters are gassed and have cramps like WCU had happen in the second half when they lost the game. At least 2 of the suspended players were second team.