• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't see this being a high scoring offense.  If designed to be similar to the Stanford offense, I believe the power offense is more of a grind it out, 3 to 4 yards at a time.  

If we can move the chains consistently, eat up clock and play tough defense we can put 21 to 24 points a game and win around 6 or 7 games this year.  

What i want to see is the offense be able to control the ball.  If we can be within 10 points going into the 4th quarter and IF (perhaps a big if based on last year's performance), the offense is playing out like it is supposed to be, any game can be winnable.  Again, IF this is a power offense, with several powerful backs and a strong OL we should  be able to wear down the other defense and take over in the 4th quarter.  

That is the way it is supposed to work anyway.  Now let's see if they can execute it the way it is supposed to be run.  All sounds great on paper doesn't it?

stanford has top players!!!!!

Which always mystifies me, because their academic standards are top tier.

Not top tier among athletic schools, top tier among ALL schools.

Combined with the fact that nearly all of their athletics programs win championships on a regular basis.

How do they do this? What's their secret

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I don't see this being a high scoring offense.  If designed to be similar to the Stanford offense, I believe the power offense is more of a grind it out, 3 to 4 yards at a time.  

If we can move the chains consistently, eat up clock and play tough defense we can put 21 to 24 points a game and win around 6 or 7 games this year.  

What i want to see is the offense be able to control the ball.  If we can be within 10 points going into the 4th quarter and IF (perhaps a big if based on last year's performance), the offense is playing out like it is supposed to be, any game can be winnable.  Again, IF this is a power offense, with several powerful backs and a strong OL we should  be able to wear down the other defense and take over in the 4th quarter.  

That is the way it is supposed to work anyway.  Now let's see if they can execute it the way it is supposed to be run.  All sounds great on paper doesn't it?

stanford has top players!!!!!

Which always mystifies me, because their academic standards are top tier.

Not top tier among athletic schools, top tier among ALL schools.

Combined with the fact that nearly all of their athletics programs win championships on a regular basis.

How do they do this? What's their secret

Classes like these http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/24/class/2014. Can we please stop comparing our team to Stanford, they recruit on a different level (athletically and smarter players).

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Hoping for 400 yards per and around 27 ppg avg on the year isn't asking too much. Huge increase I know.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

We will suck on offense, until we don't.

Thanks for that...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I expect our offense to score some touchdowns this year, kick some field goals, and maybe go for two every now and then.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5-6 wins, bottom line. Anything more is gravy to me.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Pain

mr-t-o.gif

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Apparently some on here are new to this message board.

I have adopted #showme. I will not prognosticate.

We are what we are (right now a sucky football team), until we prove we are something else.

Try it. It makes enjoying USF athletics a lot more enjoyable.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

Apparently some on here are new to this message board.

I have adopted #showme. I will not prognosticate.

We are what we are (right now a sucky football team), until we prove we are something else.

Try it. It makes enjoying USF athletics a lot more enjoyable.

Lots of different criteria for "enjoying USF athletics" among the fanbase .... Swamprat still has the best comment I've seen. Paraphrasing, "I look forward to USF athletics with anticipation, not expectation".

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I have no expectations because I'm not sure what to expect. However I am very excited and anticipating this football season. I do think the offense will be much improved. Many positives to look at: another year in the playbook. Bigger, stronger, faster players, and a togetherness that Coach T said wasn't there last year but is now