• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Anything better than last year is an improvement and I think we'll have that.  You only have to win by 1 point, so let's all be careful about setting some bar about points and yards per game.  We have more beef up front now for White and holes for the young backs.  I think we have more talent and experience in the WR's and TE's.  Limit the TO's and control the clock and we have a good chance.  And I don't really care about our avg points per game; we have some decent teams coming in our house the first 4 games (besides WC) if we can play our usual solid D and beat these other guys call me happy!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Anything better than last year is an improvement and I think we'll have that.  You only have to win by 1 point...

I'm with ya about the improvement from last year, but if we reach 0:00 in the WCU game and only get them by 1 point, call me officially deflated. If it's a repeat of McNeese, call me officially drunk.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Screw that. I am a fan, not a player (or someone who bets on CFB). My expectations are high. If I am disappointed then so be it. But I am going into this year with the hope that this team can win the conference. Maybe not realistic but I don't care, I don't wait nine months a year to be thinking that my alma mater is going to win three or four games. Bring on the season and bring on the wins!

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We have a pretty solid stable of highly touted RBs, and a larger, hopefully more conditioned O-line. QB is a year older, more muscular, and has some playmakers to distribute the ball too. Plus, 2nd year of Taggart's offense.

Quite simply, I expect more efficiency --> less mistakes --> more touchdowns scored.

What new playmakers does White have to distribute the ball to? Adams? Otherwise, it's the exact same team, unless you're counting on freshman.

One of the great hopes this season was that Dunkley would finally put it together. He killed it so much in the spring that he was listed as backup across from Davis and changed to defense. LOL.

I'm praying we improve on offense based on 3 things:

• QB improvement
  • O Line improvement (not buying this very much)
  • Stud RB emerging out of Tice/McCray/Johnson/Mack

Otherwise, the WR/TE's are the same as last year. If we don't have improved QB reads, an OL giving him more time, and an RB keeping the D in the box, we're screwed.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We have a pretty solid stable of highly touted RBs, and a larger, hopefully more conditioned O-line. QB is a year older, more muscular, and has some playmakers to distribute the ball too. Plus, 2nd year of Taggart's offense.

Quite simply, I expect more efficiency --> less mistakes --> more touchdowns scored.

What new playmakers does White have to distribute the ball to? Adams? Otherwise, it's the exact same team, unless you're counting on freshman.

One of the great hopes this season was that Dunkley would finally put it together. He killed it so much in the spring that he was listed as backup across from Davis and changed to defense. LOL.

• QB improvement

Otherwise, the WR/TE's are the same as last year. If we don't have improved QB reads, an OL giving him more time, and an RB keeping the D in the box, we're screwed.

I expect freshmen to play.  So yes, my statement was based on that assumption, but nowhere did I say we would be "counting on them."   And Adams was certainly accounted for as well in my post. 

Edited by GaUSFBull

• QB improvement

I expect freshmen to play.  So yes, my statement was based on that assumption, but nowhere did I say we would be "counting on them."   And Adams was certainly accounted for as well in my post. 

OK, so who are these playmakers we *are* counting on? Davis and ... ? Do we expect Adams to transfer in and put up 500 yards? Or, the TE's to double/triple their output?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

• QB improvement

I expect freshmen to play. So yes, my statement was based on that assumption, but nowhere did I say we would be "counting on them." And Adams was certainly accounted for as well in my post.

OK, so who are these playmakers we *are* counting on? Davis and ... ? Do we expect Adams to transfer in and put up 500 yards? Or, the TE's to double/triple their output?

The TEs I do expect to double their output if not more. McFarland really took off, as did Davis, when White took over. If I'm remembering correctly Price also saw an uptick down the stretch.

Also thinking/hoping we get the backs a little more involved in the passing game if they're as talented as we are told.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

When has USF offense ever been as bad as 2013?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

• QB improvement

We could always see more passes to our backs as well.  And as stated, CWT is willing to play freshman.  We have some great talent that just came in.  Very possible they can make a significant contribution.

Not sure how you're coming up with the questions you are based off of my post.  I was talking about greater efficiency and less mistakes as what I expect to see this year.  To continue to belabor this point you're trying to make is to not be concentrating on the bigger picture.  We're not in a first year offense anymore, our O-line is supposedly bigger and stronger, and we've added a few pieces to the puzzle.  Bottom line, I expect better than in 2013. 

That's really all I was getting at. 

• QB improvement

We could always see more passes to our backs as well.  And as stated, CWT is willing to play freshman.  We have some great talent that just came in.  Very possible they can make a significant contribution.

Not sure how you're coming up with the questions you are based off of my post.  I was talking about greater efficiency and less mistakes as what I expect to see this year.  To continue to belabor this point you're trying to make is to not be concentrating on the bigger picture.  We're not in a first year offense anymore, our O-line is supposedly bigger and stronger, and we've added a few pieces to the puzzle.  Bottom line, I expect better than in 2013. 

That's really all I was getting at. 

What I'm hearing then is,

• Bigger OL
  • Better understanding of the system
  • Potential freshman contributions

That's fair enough. Color me worried though. I don't think it was all a weak OL and system problem last year, I think it was a personnel not fitting the system (or the system sucking). Players that fit said system will be the best thing for the program in such a case, IMO. But, I'm not betting on freshman making that happen immediately.