• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So now that the QB has been named what dos everyone expect out of the offense?

For point of reference if we averaged another 150 yards (from 256 to 406) a game and doubled our point production to 27.6 ppg we would be the #70 offense in the country in yards and points. We were historically bad last year. I think we average 400 yards a game and 22 ppg this year. I just don't see any huge blowout wins to skew the stats upwards.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/yardsPerGame

Edited by SANJAY

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

We are last on that list...

We have an improved O-line, and I have faith in this QB.

I am only hoping that our first game of the season, does not leave me shocked... 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We have a pretty solid stable of highly touted RBs, and a larger, hopefully more conditioned O-line. QB is a year older, more muscular, and has some playmakers to distribute the ball too. Plus, 2nd year of Taggart's offense.

Quite simply, I expect more efficiency --> less mistakes --> more touchdowns scored.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We will suck on offense, until we don't.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see this being a high scoring offense.  If designed to be similar to the Stanford offense, I believe the power offense is more of a grind it out, 3 to 4 yards at a time.  

If we can move the chains consistently, eat up clock and play tough defense we can put 21 to 24 points a game and win around 6 or 7 games this year.  

What i want to see is the offense be able to control the ball.  If we can be within 10 points going into the 4th quarter and IF (perhaps a big if based on last year's performance), the offense is playing out like it is supposed to be, any game can be winnable.  Again, IF this is a power offense, with several powerful backs and a strong OL we should  be able to wear down the other defense and take over in the 4th quarter.  

That is the way it is supposed to work anyway.  Now let's see if they can execute it the way it is supposed to be run.  All sounds great on paper doesn't it?

Stanford was 72d in yards per game last year but 46th in ppg with 32.3.

They blew out a number of teams they could physically dominate.

We will suck on offense, until we don't.

Even not sucking again only makes us below average.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I don't see this being a high scoring offense.  If designed to be similar to the Stanford offense, I believe the power offense is more of a grind it out, 3 to 4 yards at a time.  

If we can move the chains consistently, eat up clock and play tough defense we can put 21 to 24 points a game and win around 6 or 7 games this year.  

What i want to see is the offense be able to control the ball.  If we can be within 10 points going into the 4th quarter and IF (perhaps a big if based on last year's performance), the offense is playing out like it is supposed to be, any game can be winnable.  Again, IF this is a power offense, with several powerful backs and a strong OL we should  be able to wear down the other defense and take over in the 4th quarter.  

That is the way it is supposed to work anyway.  Now let's see if they can execute it the way it is supposed to be run.  All sounds great on paper doesn't it?

stanford has top players!!!!!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

My concerns are that the o-line has been shuffled quite a bit, since last year, and that we still don't have a definitive #2 wide receiver. If Rodney Adams can't help take some attention from Andre Davis, then the TE's are really going to have step their game up. If the o-line struggles with pass blocking again this year, then that could take our TE's out of the offensive game plan. I can't wait for the season to start, so I gauge what kind of progress Taggart has made with this team.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

There will be significant improvement on the offensive side of the ball, but I'll be extremely happy and shocked if our offense is averaging 27 ppg. We averaged just under 14 points per game on offense last year. I would think somewhere in the 20-23 ppg area would be more realistic. But to be honest, after watching what happened last year I'm going in with no expectations as far as the offensive side of the ball is concerned. I'm just hoping that it's watchable because last year's offense was almost impossible to sit and watch on a weekly basis.