• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On Campus Stadium or Indoor Practice Facility

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

The Gators, Noles, and Canes have won 13 NCs without the luxury of IPFs.

I will take any opportunity to gain an edge. While OCS is in a different league cost wise I would be far more excited to hear we have announced plans to build and IPF even if it is just a part of the overall OCS plan. I would really like to see forward progress on something that will impact our teams playing better and safety regardless if other schools have them or not as part of their success. 

Didn't USF have an issue with a cameraman on the practice field or was that the Notre Dame incident I am thinking of?

ND had a cameraman fall off a scissors lift and die. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

It may be. Was it just before we played them which is why I am thinking we are related some how?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

More importantly, the Canes have won 5 without the luxury of an IPF or an OCS ....

This /|\

Although that was a little different era in college sports. I know it wasn't a long time ago, but the landscape has changed dramatically since they won the last one.

It would be interesting to see the change in donations IF they made an announcement. I don't think just simply asking for donations to athletics will ever be enough.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

Does a OCS impact our ability to get into another conference?

I believe it does in a limited fashion.

I always hear pundits mentioning it when they throw schools around... Let's just go ahead and get one hehe.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

I will take any opportunity to gain an edge. While OCS is in a different league cost wise I would be far more excited to hear we have announced plans to build and IPF even if it is just a part of the overall OCS plan. I would really like to see forward progress on something that will impact our teams playing better and safety regardless if other schools have them or not as part of their success. 

Didn't USF have an issue with a cameraman on the practice field or was that the Notre Dame incident I am thinking of?

ND had a cameraman fall off a scissors lift and die. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

The tower was actually blown over during high winds ...

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

The Notre Dame student died in the fall of 2010.  We played them in the fall of 2011.  Tragic event.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We really don't need an IPF - we've always been able to adjust on the fly (maybe that was just Leavitt's ability to figure things like this out). However, Willie has voiced his displeasure with the current facilities multiple times saying they are substandard when compared to WKU (to both the administration and to former players). I don't agree with him. However, if he learns how to win in Tampa, I'm pretty sure there will be money found to fix those substandard facilities. If he doesn't win, money will be found and used to pay off the remainder of his contract when a new coach comes in to replace him. Start a 10-year plan to build a new stadium. The money will be there faster than 10-years IMO.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

We really don't need an IPF - we've always been able to adjust on the fly (maybe that was just Leavitt's ability to figure things like this out). However, Willie has voiced his displeasure with the current facilities multiple times saying they are substandard when compared to WKU (to both the administration and to former players). I don't agree with him. However, if he learns how to win in Tampa, I'm pretty sure there will be money found to fix those substandard facilities. If he doesn't win, money will be found and used to pay off the remainder of his contract when a new coach comes in to replace him. Start a 10-year plan to build a new stadium. The money will be there faster than 10-years IMO.

I can't remember CWT complaining about substandard facilities. Do you have an article you could link?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I can't remember CWT complaining about substandard facilities. Do you have an article you could link?

Yes, I'd like to see this too. 

Would CWT really complain about our facilities to former players that practiced on intramural fields and whose coaches worked out of trailers? 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Attach IPF to OCS

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thread

Retractable roof?

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

However, Willie has voiced his displeasure with the current facilities multiple times saying they are substandard when compared to WKU (to both the administration and to former players). I don't agree with him.

Just curious, have you been to both schools' facilities?