• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On Campus Stadium or Indoor Practice Facility

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

I'd lean towards an IPF first and then go the OCS route. My line of thinking is that the IPF would have more utility with - or without - the OCS. RayJ still has a pretty long lifespan, and given the way things are shaking out, I don't see the detriment in letting the OCS sit on the back burner a bit longer. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Honest question:

How did the ucf gnats get both an IPF and an OCS? Was it state funded? Do they have a bigger alumni base?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is like asking your wife if you would rather redecorate the bathroom or move from your two bedroom abode to the mansion Tiger Woods is selling.

The dollar values between these two options makes the poll a moot point.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Honest question:

How did the ucf gnats get both an IPF and an OCS? Was it state funded? Do they have a bigger alumni base?

They're in debt up to their unicorn horn. :popcorn: Bonds, bonds, and more bonds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Honest question:

They're in debt up to their unicorn horn. :popcorn: Bonds, bonds, and more bonds.

And they weren't particular about either ....

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

OCS...not even a question.

Totally agree

But it's apples and pomegranates - $15m for the IPF and $150-300m for the OCS

Order of magnitude. We'll get the IPF while we're waiting for the OCS

My hubby asked Harlan about the IPF at Mutt's event, and was told that it would cost betweent $35-45 million! My hubby also thought that it was only about $15million to build. Harlan has discussed it with Taggart, but it's up in the air at the moment. With limited $$$ to spend they want to consider all options across all sports, before making any new commitments.

Hubby's right. The new one at FSU was $15 million. Hopefully it being up in the air isn't based on that outrageous figure Harlan is going off of .... and what other options are needed across all sports at this time? Tennis is the only one I can think of and honestly, they should get theirs before an IPF.

Last time an IPF was seriously discussed, they wanted a multi-sport IPF... for football, base/softball and soccer.

However even when this was discussed in 2012, they had $14M as a ballpark figure.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/woolard-indoor-practice-fieldhouse-next-list

That's why I find it a little disconcerting that our AD had a conversation with CWT about the IPF without really knowing the cost ..... 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Honest question:

They're in debt up to their unicorn horn. :popcorn: Bonds, bonds, and more bonds.

But, if they keep winning, though...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Honest question:

They're in debt up to their unicorn horn. :popcorn: Bonds, bonds, and more bonds.

But, if they keep winning, though...

They won't

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'd lean towards an IPF first and then go the OCS route. My line of thinking is that the IPF would have more utility with - or without - the OCS. RayJ still has a pretty long lifespan, and given the way things are shaking out, I don't see the detriment in letting the OCS sit on the back burner a bit longer. 

This was my thinking. IPF would fill a more immediate need than an OCS, and as others have said, could be built to accomodate more than just football.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is like asking your wife if you would rather redecorate the bathroom or move from your two bedroom abode to the mansion Tiger Woods is selling.

The dollar values between these two options makes the poll a moot point.

I hate agreeing with you, but I do in this case 100%.