• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On Campus Stadium or Indoor Practice Facility

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We really don't need an IPF - we've always been able to adjust on the fly (maybe that was just Leavitt's ability to figure things like this out). However, Willie has voiced his displeasure with the current facilities multiple times saying they are substandard when compared to WKU (to both the administration and to former players). I don't agree with him. However, if he learns how to win in Tampa, I'm pretty sure there will be money found to fix those substandard facilities. If he doesn't win, money will be found and used to pay off the remainder of his contract when a new coach comes in to replace him. Start a 10-year plan to build a new stadium. The money will be there faster than 10-years IMO.

I can't remember CWT complaining about substandard facilities. Do you have an article you could link?

CWT is wisely not saying this publicly.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

However, Willie has voiced his displeasure with the current facilities multiple times saying they are substandard when compared to WKU (to both the administration and to former players). I don't agree with him.

Just curious, have you been to both schools' facilities?

I also would like to know.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

However, Willie has voiced his displeasure with the current facilities multiple times saying they are substandard when compared to WKU (to both the administration and to former players). I don't agree with him.

WKU's football facilities are definitely nicer.  Locker rooms, training rooms, meeting rooms, equipment rooms, weight room.  Everything looks top shelf where USF's looks very vanilla and Room's To Go-ish.  The interior of the Lee Roy Selmon building was done on the cheap and it looks it.  It's much better than they had previously but it's no where near where it needs to be.

Based on recent results though, you can't justify sinking more money into the facilities.  Want better Willie, EARN IT!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

WKU's football facilities are definitely nicer.  Locker rooms, training rooms, meeting rooms, equipment rooms, weight room.  Everything looks top shelf where USF's looks very vanilla and Room's To Go-ish.  The interior of the Lee Roy Selmon building was done on the cheap and it looks it.  It's much better than they had previously but it's no where near where it needs to be.

Based on recent results though, you can't justify sinking more money into the facilities.  Want better Willie, EARN IT!!

Again? Ugh.. this season can't get here fast enough. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

Feel free to step up and donate the funds to bring the Selmon building up to your standards!

The truth is not negotiable crotchety old-timer, it is what it is.  Dullard was NOT a good fundraiser and the football operations building was done on the cheap. Those are immutable facts.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Just announce the fund raising effort. If it takes 10 years, so be it but make the announcement now. I just don't see what the harm is. I think the majority of people believe an OCS is in the best interest of the program AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE. Make the announcement now and start the effort.

Just announce the fund raising effort. If it takes 10 years, so be it but make the announcement now. I just don't see what the harm is. I think the majority of people believe an OCS is in the best interest of the program AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE. Make the announcement now and start the effort.

I would imagine that the powers-to-be have done their homework, and there just isn't enough backing from big donors to kickstart

the effort at this time. Starting a major fund raising campaign that only draws miniscule amounts would be downright embarrassing.

Based on what Harlan said at Capogna's, I don't think you're that far off on your assessment, Ned. Before we even start thinking of an OCS, the big donors have to get onboard and see the need for an OCS. The big donors don't seem to be there yet and seem to like playing at Ray Jay. Honestly, I think we need to do a better job of retaining season ticket holders for a few seasons before we even start going down the OCS rabbit hole, but that's just me. We need a more consistent fan base to merit this type of an investment. For this reason, I voted IPF.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You won't see those comments online, but they have been said and communicated back to me during biweekly conversations concerning the affairs of the program. There's been a recent surge by both the current coaching staff and certain former players (not the usual players that have had been associated with previous coaches) to get former players more involved with the program. I wish I could say the enthusiasm has been all positive - there's been a lot of butting heads internally, but at least both groups are trying to find some common ground. I am amazed how political things are based on the conversation that gets relayed to me (and I wish I could be in Tampa to have more of a voice - I've grown up the last couple of years although I still have my moments). We'll see where things go I suppose.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

To be fair. WKU has way more championships in football than USF. They have more support. They been around longer. They have more tradition. It is not far to compare USF to WKU. We are just not there yet. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

You won't see those comments online, but they have been said and communicated back to me during biweekly conversations concerning the affairs of the program. There's been a recent surge by both the current coaching staff and certain former players (not the usual players that have had been associated with previous coaches) to get former players more involved with the program. I wish I could say the enthusiasm has been all positive - there's been a lot of butting heads internally, but at least both groups are trying to find some common ground. I am amazed how political things are based on the conversation that gets relayed to me (and I wish I could be in Tampa to have more of a voice - I've grown up the last couple of years although I still have my moments). We'll see where things go I suppose.

This is why Leavitt is a genius and it was a **** shame that he was fired over BS!!!! USF may never get to that level again. Seriously. At least we got to see the good ole days of USF football. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

why can't we get back to being a bowl team?