• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting Fired Up for the Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I like them, they look really nice with the uni's. And if it gets the players/recruits excited, which they seem to be, then great.

You old people need to let those ugly piss yellow helmets go. It wasn't the uniform, it was the team. Accept the change, there are now spanish bull statues on campus, the USF you knew when you went there in 1970 is long gone.

I have attached a link for those of you who are having a hard time dealing with this, I hope it helps:

http://www.wikihow.com/Accept-Change

Just because something is new does not automatically make it better. These helmets suck! While you are looking terms up on-line try one this program seems to have a hard time acquiring: Tradition- the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way. Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think they look cool and the recruits/players seem to love them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Chasing fads on the unis. Yuck.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the new helmets and it's hard to tell because the photo quality is bad, but I think they look better now that I see what they look like being worn with the uniform. I'm sure they'd look even better if I saw what they looked like in the endzone.

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

I like them, they look really nice with the uni's. And if it gets the players/recruits excited, which they seem to be, then great.

You old people need to let those ugly piss yellow helmets go. It wasn't the uniform, it was the team. Accept the change, there are now spanish bull statues on campus, the USF you knew when you went there in 1970 is long gone.

I have attached a link for those of you who are having a hard time dealing with this, I hope it helps:

:applause:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I like them, they look really nice with the uni's. And if it gets the players/recruits excited, which they seem to be, then great.

Just because something is new does not automatically make it better. These helmets suck! While you are looking terms up on-line try one this program seems to have a hard time acquiring: Tradition- the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

So piss yellow helmets are tradition? LOL. YOUR opionion is that these new alternate helmets suck, recruit/player reaction is that they're great. These aren't our every game helmets.  It would seem to me, that USF is trying to establish tradition and build upon it in other ways than just uniforms. Those spanish bulls are now a landmark at USF, as is the new and improved Marshall Center and the Sun Dome.

This school wasn't much to look at 15 years ago, it has come a long way. I'm sure an on campus stadium will also be a major landmark one day.

USF has only been around since 56, and football has only been around since 97. Hard to establish some of the 100 year traditions that other schools have while USF is still in the midst of finding its own brand-worthy identity. And sorry to break it to you, but piss colored helmets aren't it.

Oregon seems to be doing just fine with their alternate unis, same with:

Maryland, TCU, Iowa State, Duke, Kansas, Notre Dame, Boise State, Wake Forest, Ole Miss, Texas, Washington State, South Carolina, Nebraska, Miss State, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Oregon State, Cal, Baylor, West Virgina, Louisville, Texas Tech, North Carolina, UConn, Rutgers, Arizona, BYU, Arizona State, Houston, Buffalo, FAU, Southern Miss, WKU, Miami (OH), Nevada, Memphis, Georgia State, South Alabama, Appalachian State, Fresno State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Western Michigan, New Mexico State, Lousiana Tech

I could keep going with schools who have alternate uniforms but I think you're catching on. Some of the schools listed above have long and storied traditions, but also have new alternate uniforms. Uniforms do not make tradition, unless you are Alabama. And Alabama, we are not.

Edited by Hem
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

They are an alternative to a nice looking helmet.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Just because something is new does not automatically make it better. These helmets suck! While you are looking terms up on-line try one this program seems to have a hard time acquiring: Tradition- the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

So piss yellow helmets are tradition? LOL. YOUR opionion is that these new alternate helmets suck, recruit/player reaction is that they're great. These aren't our every game helmets.  It would seem to me, that USF is trying to establish tradition and build upon it in other ways than just uniforms. Those spanish bulls are now a landmark at USF, as is the new and improved Marshall Center and the Sun Dome.

This school wasn't much to look at 15 years ago, it has come a long way. I'm sure an on campus stadium will also be a major landmark one day.

USF has only been around since 56, and football has only been around since 97. Hard to establish some of the 100 year traditions that other schools have while USF is still in the midst of finding its own brand-worthy identity. And sorry to break it to you, but piss colored helmets aren't it.

Maryland, TCU, Iowa State, Duke, Kansas, Notre Dame, Boise State, Wake Forest, Ole Miss, Texas, Washington State, South Carolina, Nebraska, Miss State, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Oregon State, Cal, Baylor, West Virgina, Louisville, Texas Tech, North Carolina, UConn, Rutgers, Arizona, BYU, Arizona State, Houston, Buffalo, FAU, Southern Miss, WKU, Miami (OH), Nevada, Memphis, Georgia State, South Alabama, Appalachian State, Fresno State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Western Michigan, New Mexico State, Lousiana Tech

I could keep going with schools who have alternate uniforms but I think you're catching on. Some of the schools listed above have long and storied traditions, but also have new alternate uniforms. Uniforms do not make tradition, unless you are Alabama. And Alabama, we are not.

It's stupid superstition ... they are holding on to

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

So piss yellow helmets are tradition? LOL. YOUR opionion is that these new alternate helmets suck, recruit/player reaction is that they're great. These aren't our every game helmets. 

The helmets suck  .... maybe we can have the players wear red clown noses when they wear them to complete the look. If they're not an every game helmet, not as bad, though ... a break from the other boring *** unis, except the green helmets with normal gold  :iconic_u_black: on it, they're awesome