• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

I've got no dog in this argument with USFDaveG, but as someone who is aware of his contributions to USF fandom in the past, thought I'd mention some of his USF fan background.

Dave started, to my knowledge, the first ever USF fan message board back in the 90's called The Bull Board with another alum, Chris Gallon.

Dave later published a monthly magazine called BullsEye.  Link to old discussion about the magazine in a thread here at Bullspen.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/1875-bullseye-magazine/

Dave then went on to be the first publisher of the Rivals USF site.

I'm just bringing this up because Dave has certainly done his part as a USF fan.  This also goes to show he did have lots of contacts within USF Athletics as well as having press credentials.  He is aware of the administration's attitudes towards athletics and how it's run.

Again, not trying to argue either side, just mentioning these facts to the new guys here who aren't aware.  Dave, it's PaBull from the old sites.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Any words or comments about the departures from Coach O?

Could it be possible that COA, is running practices or strategies similar to Kentucky's?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The funny thing about this thread is that CSH effectively benched Egbunu during the last half of the season. McLendon played more minutes than JE Prolly 9/10 of the Nancies aren't even aware of that because they never watch a game.They are too busy crying here that this is the END of USF athletics. Give me a break

Egbunu was not effectively benched the last half of the season. He averaged around 25 minutes a game in both conference play and non-conference play. His loss is not the end of USF Athletics but, at this point in time, it is a big hit to USF basketball. 

Yeah, I was starting to doubt myself, as I never saw a drop in his minutes either.  Here's the stat line.  Pretty clear.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/67622/john-egbunu

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

I've got no dog in this argument with USFDaveG, but as someone who is aware of his contributions to USF fandom in the past, thought I'd mention some of his USF fan background.

Dave started, to my knowledge, the first ever USF fan message board back in the 90's called The Bull Board with another alum, Chris Gallon.

Dave later published a monthly magazine called BullsEye. Link to old discussion about the magazine in a thread here at Bullspen.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/1875-bullseye-magazine/

Dave then went on to be the first publisher of the Rivals USF site.

I'm just bringing this up because Dave has certainly done his part as a USF fan. This also goes to show he did have lots of contacts within USF Athletics as well as having press credentials. He is aware of the administration's attitudes towards athletics and how it's run.

Again, not trying to argue either side, just mentioning these facts to the new guys here who aren't aware. Dave, it's PaBull from the old sites.

So why give up now?

We need all the fans we can get lol

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Brad had a good comment about that earlier. Sometimes you just reach a breaking point and decide "screw it, I'm venting." Doesn't mean a week later he won't be like, "aw, man, I lost it!" Sounds like Dave just needed a break from USF athletics.

Egbunu has some skill, this hurt. But the sky is just fine--I'd rather have a kid that's eager to play here than one that's mired with bad/mixed feelings and infecting my team. I wish him the best, but prolly better for us & him that he's going.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The funny thing about this thread is that CSH effectively benched Egbunu during the last half of the season. McLendon played more minutes than JE Prolly 9/10 of the Nancies aren't even aware of that because they never watch a game.They are too busy crying here that this is the END of USF athletics. Give me a break

Egbunu was not effectively benched the last half of the season. He averaged around 25 minutes a game in both conference play and non-conference play. His loss is not the end of USF Athletics but, at this point in time, it is a big hit to USF basketball. 

Yeah, I was starting to doubt myself, as I never saw a drop in his minutes either.  Here's the stat line.  Pretty clear.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/67622/john-egbunu

Not to put words in Winkie's mouth (he's good at it already), but he may have been referring to Egbunu's lack of STARTING rather than lack of PLAYING time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Not to put words in Winkie's mouth (he's good at it already), but he may have been referring to Egbunu's lack of STARTING rather than lack of PLAYING time.

Although comparing the minutes to McLendon's pretty much nullifies that possibility, JE started 31 of 32 games, and all 18 in conference play .... https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/2658260.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7700&DB_OEM_ID=7700

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Although comparing the minutes to McLendon's pretty much nullifies that possibility, JE started 31 of 32 games, and all 18 in conference play .... https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/2658260.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7700&DB_OEM_ID=7700

Winkie = Gagged?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Winkie = Gagged?

Yes. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Winkie = Gagged?

Yes. 

just wishful thinkin ...