• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I think the most important thing we've learned from this thread is that USF desperately needs a law school! We have quite a few "internet lawyers" on this board that need some formal training.

I think there were actually a couple of flesh and blood lawyers responding in this conversation .... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Manhattan retains Steve Masiello as head coach

Steve Masiello will be back as the head coach of Manhattan.

After losing his opportunity to become the head coach at South Florida because of a discrepancy in his resume, Masiello and Manhattan have agreed on a deal that allows Masiello to return as the head coach once he completes his undergraduate degree.

"I am extremely grateful and humbled by the opportunity to continue as the head men's basketball coach at Manhattan College,” Masiello said in a statement. “I made a mistake that could have cost me my job at an institution I love. Details matter. Manhattan College has shown me a great deal of compassion and trust during this process, and I will do everything in my power to uphold that trust. I understand that I am very fortunate to have the chance to remain here at Manhattan.”

Masiello will be on unpaid leave until he completes his undergrad degree from the University of Kentucky. Associate head coach Matt Grady will be at the helm until Masiello returns.

"After an extensive review of the situation and extenuating circumstances, we determined that Mr. Masiello executed poor judgment but did not intentionally misrepresent himself in applying to the College," school president Brennan O'Donnell said. "After participating in graduation ceremonies at the University of Kentucky, he enrolled in summer courses with the intention of completing his degree, but never followed through to make sure that the degree was awarded. We appreciate the counsel of all involved in assessing this complex situation. Our policy was always that the coach must have at least a four-year undergraduate degree. We are confident that Mr. Masiello will be able to complete his degree this summer and return soon thereafter to resume his duties.”

Rest of story

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good luck Steve!!

Best possible way to end this.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Holy CRAP! One summer? and he didn't even know that he didn't get his degree?

He did not intentionally misrepresent himself?

BS

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^Excellent post, thanks. I was sure it was some form of unintentional bone-headedness, and glad for his sake that it was. With all we've seen of Antigua so far, I'm more excited to see him get the shot. Hopefully fate played on our side for this one!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

From the word choices it sounds like he walked but somehow must have got an incomplete or something in the summer. Bone headed. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't know him.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

He must have been shocked when he heard why he got rejected.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Why the hell didn't we do this? Should have kept it under wraps and agreed to complete his degree at USF. Props to Manhattan for getting it right.

"After losing his opportunity to become the head coach at South Florida because of a discrepancy in his resume, Masiello and Manhattan have agreed on a deal that allows Masiello to return as the head coach once he completes his undergraduate degree".

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

He's too important to Manhattan. He knew exactly what he was doing.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He's too important to Manhattan. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Perhaps. That would make him VERY Machiavelian tho